the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zangarmarsh - an overview

Go down

Zangarmarsh - an overview Empty Zangarmarsh - an overview

Post  Yressa Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:07 am

This is a small text about the Zangarmarsh. My main, Faithra, is from the marsh, so I thought I'd give you my view on the area.

The land: Zangarmarsh is a peculiar place. The near constant rain, the huge mushrooms, the eerie wildlife. All of it contribute to making the Marsh a beautiful and alien area. Since it is so humid, most crops would fail to grow. The inhabitants of the marsh are therefore mostly consigned to either eating shrooms, or hunting for food.

The people: There aren't any cities in the Marsh. The closest thing to a proper habitat i Telredor, the sanctuary-cloister situated high up on a big fungus. This is where Velen and his followers found temporary refuge. The anchorites provide a small bastion of civilization in the wild Marsh. Draenei living in the marsh are either solitary nomads, living off what the land would give, or banded together in small, simple villages. Despite the lack of demonic influence in the area - the Marsh has been spared of the Legion's rampaging - there are quite a few Broken and Lost Ones here. It would seem that the draenei of the Marsh are a practical people; aside from the devout anchorites of Telredor who study the Light closely, the rest are more concerned with day to day survival. This, in turn, would lead them to forget the principles which make them what they are, a people of the Light. Forgetting this basic principle, a portion of the Zangar draenei would have devolved into Broken, and even Lost Ones.

Some landmarks:

Telredor: A cloister and a sanctuary, managed by draenei Anchorites. There's a large fountain in the middle of the settlement, celebrating the innocence and virtue of the draenei people.

Orebor Harborage: A kurenai settlement, on the border of the Blades Edge Mountains. Here, Broken come to learn anew of the way of the Light.

Twin Spire Ruins: A holy site to the draenei, it is now hotly contested by the Horde and the Alliance, as it provides strategic value in the constant war between the two factions. In ancient times, it would have served as a place for prayer, and perhaps elaborate burial rituals. The site has a graveyard.
Yressa
Yressa

Back to top Go down

Zangarmarsh - an overview Empty Re: Zangarmarsh - an overview

Post  Yressa Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:09 am

Feel free to add information, comment, ask questions etc. Smile

You needn't consider this canon, in any way. This is just how Faithra has described her home. I haven't really found much official information on the Marsh, so most of it I've made up myself.
Yressa
Yressa

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum