the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

some info required...

+2
Perforad
Senra
6 posters

Go down

some info required... Empty some info required...

Post  Senra Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:46 am

Hola amigo's,
I was reading some draenei sites lately and is realized I don't know much about shamans..
Is there anyone who does and can fill me on some things?
Cause I think my charracter's discription and history arn't very lore correct..
So, some info required Smile Help me out please Razz
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

some info required... Empty Re: some info required...

Post  Perforad Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:49 pm

These 2 links should get you started:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Farseer_Nobundo About the founder of Draenei Shamanism

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/story/unbroken/index.xml for a great dramatised read on his life story (a bit long but it reads away greatly)
Perforad
Perforad

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:57 am

Hey Senra!

I wanted to answer earlier, but in fact, apart from the story Perforad already posted, I alsmo haven't found much more useful articles on this.. (apart from the general stuff on WOWwiki)

I however came across a useful article in the Roleplay forum - it's all players opinions, but maybe some inspiration / help:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=5383591776&postId=53829789172&sid=1#2
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiris Mon May 24, 2010 1:38 pm

Errrr, this is going to be like a slice of butter next to the above, frankly i'm too lazy and tired to read through them at this hour, but I do know their shamanistic herritage was founded in their time on draenor where some of the Draenei strayed from their early teachings to learn of the orcs.
I would think it is a very rare art to be practiced in draenei society, and those who do would be somewhat distanced from others, I also doubt they would be anywhere near as potent as Orc/troll/Tauren shamans due to their teachings being fractured and such. However I think it'd be safe to say their bond would be perhaps a little more natural, wild and possibly a little more... raw in terms of power.
Tiris
Tiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Marani Mon May 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Tiris wrote:Errrr, this is going to be like a slice of butter next to the above, frankly i'm too lazy and tired to read through them at this hour, but I do know their shamanistic herritage was founded in their time on draenor where some of the Draenei strayed from their early teachings to learn of the orcs.

Sorry to correct, but I believe that they learned shamanism from the Broken, who learned directly from the Elements themselves (I think).

Marani

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakkan Tue May 25, 2010 6:21 am

Marani wrote:
Tiris wrote:Errrr, this is going to be like a slice of butter next to the above, frankly i'm too lazy and tired to read through them at this hour, but I do know their shamanistic herritage was founded in their time on draenor where some of the Draenei strayed from their early teachings to learn of the orcs.

Sorry to correct, but I believe that they learned shamanism from the Broken, who learned directly from the Elements themselves (I think).

Idd, 's what I understood as well. Also, I believe there are two mindsets within draenei society: 1) the conservatives, who holds that belief in the Naaru/the Light will see them through their troubled times and 2) the "radicals" who follows Velen's word, and believe shamanism is the future of the draenei.

Ofc, Velen wouldn't denounce the Light or the Naaru, and all draenei more or less venerate Velen (He's like their Jesus and Moses and Mohammed and Buddha in one person, only with tentacles), but it makes for some interesting conflict to bring up possibilities for religious schism within spacegoat society.
Rakkan
Rakkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiris Thu May 27, 2010 12:59 am

I can't say I've scoured for the details, but remember reading it a while back, well arround the release of BC about the whole shamaism thingy. The broken carry it on to this day but if I remember correctly it was the orcs who they learnt it from, the two races co-existed quite harmoniously as I remember, but it's been a while. But aye they are tought by the elements directly in the curreent time due to the obvious hostilities they now have towards the greenskins who see the draenei as one of the causes of their problems, bringing the burnning legion to draenor ect. Hence I propposed their bond more natural ^^ - I only suggested this as it seems to be an aspect untouched from what I've seen ally side so far, could be an interesting concept.
Will have a poke arround for the exact details.
Tiris
Tiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum