the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaman Trials

5 posters

Go down

Shaman Trials Empty Shaman Trials

Post  Alazeer Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:29 am

Basically I had a suggestion for an addition to Draenei, Draeneis? The Shaman Trials. You would get one set of trials at level 40 and one at level 80. In the one at 40 you would show you have mastered the elements and at 80 you would show you have mastered the other things like the spirits and healing stuff. In the 40 trials there would be 4 trials, each for one element. There would be several different trials for each element and you do one at random. If you don't pass them then maybe you are disgraced, but you can take them again. Maybe there could be trials for each class.

I know I mentioned them without warning at 3rd March guild meeting, should I have asked first? Anyway say what you think. Smile
Alazeer
Alazeer

Back to top Go down

Shaman Trials Empty Re: Shaman Trials

Post  Senra Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:46 am

First, Draenei is the plural or Draenei. Like sheep, one sheep two sheep.
Second, Senra already said she thinks it's better to do these trails in private.
But if you want her there I could try to be there, not sure. I'd like to see it once.
Personally I am not so keen on the idea of retaking a trial. If you didn't prove yourself worthy in the first one, why would you get a second chance? You got it, or you don't.
I like the idea of a trail, but I don't know if it would suite very class. Then again your trainer would have to arrange a trial for you.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Manala Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:33 am

I'm not against the idea of shaman trials. But my opinion is that the quests you do in the early levels to get your four totems are the trials of elemental mastery you describe there, and as Senra said they are personal to the shaman, not a grand public spectacle.
Manala
Manala

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 am

Ah, after commenting on your event suggestion, I saw your explanation in this one.

On the trial topic - I agree with Senra and Kimbalin that this is rather not a big public event, but a rather private event for the shaman and maybe a few close friends and family to witness.
Having said that, I actually find the idea to ask the guild to share such an event with you, not wrong at all! Just the contrary. After all we are a close-knit community who supports each other not only in battle but also in personal matters. And if you wish to play out such an event for your characters RP, I think thats a very nice occasion to meet up and share this personal moment with your character.
I really hope we can set this up and am willing to ask around and help Smile

About the idea to generalize such events for players at level 40 and 80 - I don't think thats a good idea. After all that would be enforcing a 'custom' on people, who would maybe rather not include that into their own RP for different reasons. Let us take Senra (and I hope I'm right there Sen Wink ) - she plays as a quite experienced and already 'fully acknowledged' Shaman, so it wouldn't fit her concept is she suddenly has to pass some sort of trial.

Besides, my view on Shamanism is rather that 'being a shaman' is defined by a person able to communicate with the Elements, not so sure wether this involves trials and ranks as for other classes like priests who undergo a strict long education - either you can call upon your totems or.. well, nothing happens. But thats just my view and the explanation why its not a good idea to enforce this on all players.

If Alazeer has a teacher who wish to put him to the test, that is also more than plausible in my eyes Wink
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Alazeer Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:00 am

Ok taking everything written into account, I have decided against making my trials public and like Nat said that Senra is a very knowledgeable shaman then it would be strange for her to pass some kind of test. So I will keep it to my self. Just a suggestion though. Smile
Alazeer
Alazeer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Oh, that wasn't what I was saying. I stated that it won't make sense to 'enforce' this trial custom on other shaman players (you suggested that for every level 40 and 80 shaman), but if you wish to set up a small event for your charcetr with a few guildmates, I'm happy to help
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:39 am

Let us take Senra (and I hope I'm right there Sen ) - she plays as a quite experienced and already 'fully acknowledged' Shaman, so it wouldn't fit her concept is she suddenly has to pass some sort of trial.

ARGh A trail! The stress, I'll die!

Hehe, just kidding. Just another vieuw from me:
Being a shaman you are not 'normal' in other Draenei eyes. This is for 'abandoning' the Light. A shaman is not highly ranked in the Draenei society. It would be kinda weird if a shamans trail would be public event. If you'd invite people, techinacally they should decline because you are a shaman. With this I don't mean everyone hates you, and you have no friends. But by general Draenei standard no one other then other shamans would turn up.
Ofcourse you could make this into a rp story and post if on the forums. There are some nice locations on Azuremyst to make shaman trail screenshots (think of the shaman totem quests). Perhaps there are some other shamans or other classes that like your idea and want to join you in a trail.
Just my point of vieuw, feel free to ignore it Smile
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiris Mon May 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Well, I know i'm not yet part of your guild but I will suggest anyway!

As above, already stated, the Shamans of Dreanei culture are almost looked down upon, and seen apart from the rest of their community, so I am to believe.
Trials in almost every respect are an independant test, that must be overcome by ones self, atleast for shamans they are.
However! I approve of some sort of idea on the same wavelength, I would assume that the shaman in the guild's tighter knit community, would perhaps have their own little "Clique" going on.
Perhaps internal meetings in the guild to assess the specifics of shamanism - all would be welcome to overlook ofcourse! (Perhaps other groups in the guild would like to have sanctionned meetings?)

So more to the point of what this could be based around - There's been no specific class quest since 50, so the Elementalist has reached the end of their trainning perhaps - i'd assume everything learned past that is more of a mastery that comes with the elements own guidance.
So here's my thinking, perhaps upon joinning, or after a certain time period of being with the guild's shaman sect, further communal and internal mastery is sharred or something, i'm thinking either on a spiritual level, to progress one's communal with the ancestors and whatnot. Alternatively, attunement to a certain element? I've no real backing for this, but I do think of shamans taking to specific elements, based upon their preferences (But could be some sort of trial) I personally like to theme my character on a specific element anyhow.

Structurally, I would make a trial to see which of the elements you have the most pull with, either a series of tasks that are carried out, one given each week, advancing once it is complete, and a number of tests.
Anyhow, I think somone would have to lead this, so whomever is the highest "ranking" shaman already or something, maybe a bit of a council going on, a head of each caste.

Just a few suggestions to play with! hope some inspiration blooms from this =]
Tiris
Tiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Mon May 24, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm game for the thing said above!
A meeting among all the shamans of the guild, would be lovely!
so whomever is the highest "ranking" shaman already or something, maybe a bit of a council going on, a head of each caste.
Crap that would mean me..
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiris Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Doesn't have to be! I think an OOC meeting would be first needed o create a propper structure.
Tiris
Tiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down