the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application for Light of Argus - Nilank

+2
Nataari
nilank
6 posters

Go down

Application for Light of Argus - Nilank Empty Application for Light of Argus - Nilank

Post  nilank Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:20 am

Greetings fellow draenei players Smile

Im a young woman, who have played world of warcraft for a few years now and been a roleplayer for a few more (both tabletop and LARP).

This is my application for my draenei character on Moonglade:

Character name:
Nilank

Character background:
Nilank, a young draenei female, where one of the draenei aboard the Exodar, when it crashed down at Azuremyst Isle, she was with her mother Fricka and father Jolnar. Nilank was alone with her mother and father in a whole new and strange world.
As paladins, Nilank's mother and father, was needed in the draenei army fighting for the peace they seeked so much, so she didn't see much to them after the crash. Nilank was not yet experienced enough to join the army herself, so instead she continued her training as a shaman, hoping to join her paretns someday.
In the fight against the scourge, Nilanks father Jolnar was killed, she and her mother grieved deeply. Though less than a year later, Nilank was told that her father had been seen amongst the Knights of the Ebon Blade, now as a Death Knight, but she herself have not seen him since he left with her mother before the battle where he died.
When it finally seemed to Nilank, that her mother had some time to spend with her again, she was introduced to her mother's very near night elf friend Gerrad. Nilank quickly became very frustrated with him never letting her mother out of sight for just a single moment, which ended up in a fight between them. Nilank ended up walking away, to angry to talk.
Last thing Nilank heard of her mother, was that she had been asked to return to the army, midst in her time of liberty, what had happend to her afterwards no one knew. Only thing they could tell, was that she supposedly was on the boat sailing between Rut'theran Village and Auberdine, when Deathwing flew by and destroyed both places, she has been marked as "Lost in the Cataclysm, and not seen since". Nilanks grieves for her mother, and hopes she will find her again one day, at the same time, she wonders if she should try to contact the person who is said to be her father.

Character description:
Nilank is a young draenei female, daugther of a high ranked and very much loved paladin of the draenei army, though lost to the Cataclysm (though that is not entirely true, she is atm. on another server, where she has survived the cataclysm, but lost most of her memories, and now ventures through Azeroth, seeking her past).
Nilank chose the path of the shamans in a very young age, mostly because she love the nature so much, but she has not been much away from the Exodar and the islands around it, since the crash either.
Though she has become very near friends with the human female Zetana, who has asked her to join her on her journey around Azeroth.

Loyalities:
Nilank looks up to Velen and respects the Naaru a great deal, she sees herself as very loyal to them and her people. She also sees the allies of the draenei as friends, though she do not know them very well.

Why are you interested joining Light of Argus?
I'd like to do some more RP in wow again, since I have mostly been playing on normal servers for a long time, and miss the exitement it gives me Smile

Love Denise (Thats me, the one behind the screen)

Last edited by nilank on Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Background story corrected)

nilank

Back to top Go down

Application for Light of Argus - Nilank Empty Re: Application for Light of Argus - Nilank

Post  Nataari Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 am

Hello Nilank!

Just saw this on my way to bed, and wanted to throw an answer in. Thanks a lot for you application, really liked the detail you gave it, gives a me a friendly impression!

About the background though, I'm afraid you got the timeline a little bit wrong Wink The Exodar crashed only in recent years on Azeroth - how long is it now after Cataclysm, 4 years? So she wouldn't be more than a toddler now.
The time spent on Exodar overall was very brief anyway: The Draenei reoccupied it on Draenor, jumpstarted into the Twisting Nether and crashed onto Azeroth. If you wanna play a young Draenei, she was definately born on Draenor. I'd recommend to have a peek into our Draenei section - there you can find some helpful pointers about the Draenei and as well the time line and history
Hope that helped!

Regards,

Nataari
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Application for Light of Argus - Nilank Empty Re: Application for Light of Argus - Nilank

Post  Manala Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:16 am

First off Nilank, welcome to the forum and welcome back to the wide wide world of roleplay. Always nice to see another RPer entering the fold!

I'll echo Nataari's comments above. The Exodar only crashed on Azeroth at the start of the Burning Crusade expansion, which was just over 4 years ago now, so unfortunately the timeline isn't really open to what you have in mind :/ But that said, I'll go out on a limb and say that it's possible that some Draenei were brought through the Dark Portal by the Old Horde as prisoners/slave labour. That of course begs the question of how did she escape, et cetera.

About the 'mother marrying a night elf' matter.

Er.
Eeeerrrrr.
I'm... unconvinced. I can see members of differing races being, well, compatible, and possibly becoming close, especially among the two longest-lived races, but interspecies marriage? I'm not saying it's absolutely 100% impossible never-gonna-happen, but, I doubt you'd find a civic official of any Alliance race willing to bless that union.

Those are the only points that I'm concerned about, I liked the rest of Nilank's backstory a lot Smile
Manala
Manala

Back to top Go down

Post  Perforad Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello Nilank,

We met last night and had a short whisper talk, which left me with a good impression. I am glad to see your application.

You mentioned then that you do not have much knowledge of Draenei lore when I told you Light of Argus is a lore-specific racial guild. And, as I expected, your application shows that. Still, I love the story and the character a lot and I do hope to catch up in game again.

I must also mirror the comments Nataari and Manala wrote though. The timeline does not really allow people born on the Exodar, as we were only on there for a short time less than 5 years ago. And Draenei take at least a century to mature. And Manala is right about the fact that interracial marriage is a very, very rare thing for the Draenei. Despite our friendly demeanor, many of us still find the other races of this world odd and look at them from a distance. Furthermore, a Vindicator is the shining beacon of the Light. It would mean renouncing their own faith to marry a Night Elf, who completely disregard the Light that their allies follow.

Please understand, this is not critique, but just us trying to help someone new to the wonderful (and sometimes strange) world of Draenei roleplaying.
Perforad
Perforad

Back to top Go down

Post  nilank Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:39 am

Thank you very much for the replies Smile
I will take a look at the lores, and adjust the story

nilank

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakkan Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:00 pm

I'd bless any union.
Rakkan
Rakkan

Back to top Go down

Post  nilank Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:37 am

Just wanted to say that I have edited the application, so it should suit the lore much better Smile

nilank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:45 am

Hello Nilank,

Just read your updated application - thanks a lot for that, all sounds quite clear now. One of the Officers will poke you ingame soon!
Just a sidenote for the age - the age / aging for Draenei is not clearly defined, but most people do assume a more elven-oriented aging. Hence a 20 year old Draenei would be still a little child Wink Anything above 100 should be safe enough to take as age in RP though.
Don't get me wrong, we are not nit-picking! Smile Such minor things can be overlooked, just informing you that the age isn't human oriented Smile

Take care,

Nataari
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  nilank Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Ah, thank you very much, well I will change it for 120 then, just to be sure Smile

nilank

Back to top Go down

Post  wz123 Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Very Happy Happy to be here..

wz123

http://www.conversestockez.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum