the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible RP event idea for you

+2
Perforad
Malon
6 posters

Go down

Possible RP event idea for you Empty Possible RP event idea for you

Post  Malon Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 am

Ello there,

I've been working on the idea of an RP event to welcome people home from Northrend, and it may be something that you'd be interested in. Here's the thread on the Shadow Sentinels forum:

http://shadowsentinels.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=gardens&action=display&thread=618

Here's the original post, but I suggest you check the link for the ongoing conversation:

"Following on from the speech at Moonrise, I was thinking of an event to welcome heroes home. This could be a nice thing to do in conjunction with Mithril Guard and perhaps Light of Argus.

The basic idea would be some kind of ceremony to welcome heroes home from the north and to offer healing and advice to those affected by their experiences in battle. I see martial aspects to this (nudges Sil) and a healing side (priests and druids). Anyone interested in discussing this idea to flesh it out a bit?

Some observations:
This could involve a wide array of people, with the possibility that death knights and warlocks would attend. There's a nice possibility of conflict here, and Malon is certainly of the opinion that death knights should probably at this point go to their graves now that their work is done. With a few guilds involved we can mitigate this problem by allowing more flexible guilds to take care of the people who the nelfs would generally shun.

I'm not sure which venue we should use, but perhaps one of the harbours would work. (Stormwind, Menethil, Darny). I'm reluctant to go with Darny due to the problems in dealing with undesirable types."

Any thoughts you have would be welcome. I'm thinking of doing this within the next month, and I know quite a few of the nelfs are very eager for closer contact with the strange space goats. Such an event may also be an interesting chance to mix with other RPers, and it's conceived as something that's quite open in order to allow people to pretty much play it the way they want within the basic theme.
Malon
Malon

Back to top Go down

Possible RP event idea for you Empty Re: Possible RP event idea for you

Post  Perforad Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Me likes the idea! Perf could use a number of Night Elf maidens to massage him after all the hard battles *hides from Nat's snaring glance*
Perforad
Perforad

Back to top Go down

Post  Adonter Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:55 pm

This is interesting, but can Adonter escape Senra for 5 minuites? We shall see ^_^

I like the idea, thankyou for sharing!!
Adonter
Adonter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Oooh what do my tired eyes spot on this early morning before the first coffee - how nice to see you here on squid-ground, Malon! Smile

Really gotta say, I love this idea!! I've been hoping for closer contact with the Shadow Sentinels (as well as Mithril Guard actually) for a longer time, and what better occasion for that than a joint-event.
On a smaller scale our guilds - both LoA, Shadow Sentinels and Mithril Guard - have already supported each other in battle (aka on RP raids), so your idea would proove a very nice occasion to get together on a still-battle related, but more peaceful and friendship basis. As well it would be accessible for all levels... and offers some great RP considering the crowd will be made of Nightelves, dwarves and Draenei

Either way, count us in - and if you need any help or shared brainstorming before, I'm more than happy to get in touch!

Regards,

Nataari

Oh, will chuck this topic into the meeting and event section, by the way
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Malon Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Woot. Hey, you guys meet on Sundays, right?

I'll check to find out when Mithril Guard are meeting, but I think it's on the same day. If so, we could establish a chat channel this week or next to throw some ideas around.

*clatters away on homemade wooden hooves after massaging Perf with a plank of wood with a nail hammered through it (traditional kaldorei thing)*
Malon
Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakkan Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:18 pm

So is this a nelf/spacegoat maiden + Perforad only thing, or are others invited as well? Sounds like a fun event, but if you want an exclusive elfy-goaty homecoming to the traditionally elfy-goaty town of Menethil Harbor, I'll know to stay away on my death knight.
Rakkan
Rakkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Rakkan wrote:So is this a nelf/spacegoat maiden + Perforad only thing, or are others invited as well? Sounds like a fun event, but if you want an exclusive elfy-goaty homecoming to the traditionally elfy-goaty town of Menethil Harbor, I'll know to stay away on my death knight.

Since it is designed as a guild event from what I understand between Shadow Sentinels, Mithril Guard and Light of Argus, what about coming with your guilded character Rakkan instead some random ragtag DK who is not invited? Wink
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malon Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:40 pm

I'd say bring whatever you want. I don't want to exclude death knights and warlocks, since their presence introduces the possibility of conflicts and mixed feelings. On one hand a death knight may have fought against the lich king, but some people may wonder where we go from here? Are we willing to accept these death knights back in to society or would we prefer that they just went away?

Coming home from a pretty nasty war should be a fairly emotionally charged affair. The idea of the event though is to allow people to spread out a bit, so people can pretty much choose to play it as they wish. Some may be welcoming of everyone, while others may be biased against certain races and classes. Some people may return in a rather happy mood, while others could be dark and brooding. Quite a lot of scope for variety.
Malon
Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakkan Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:26 pm

Malon wrote:

Coming home from a pretty nasty war should be a fairly emotionally charged affair. The idea of the event though is to allow people to spread out a bit, so people can pretty much choose to play it as they wish. Some may be welcoming of everyone, while others may be biased against certain races and classes. Some people may return in a rather happy mood, while others could be dark and brooding. Quite a lot of scope for variety.

There's quite a bit of RP potential in this, yes. Which is why I'm asking, since my "main", as it were, isn't of the LoA, the Shadow Sentinels or the Mithril Guard. And I haven't seen this advertized anywhere else. However much nabcakeyness I produce, I don't want to crash this party. At least not without a proper invitation.

Admin wrote:
Since it is designed as a guild event from what I understand between Shadow Sentinels, Mithril Guard and Light of Argus, what about coming with your guilded character Rakkan instead some random ragtag DK who is not invited?

btw who is this Rakkan you talk of, Nat? D: I've never heard of him. Is he an old member? Inactive? Or what?
Rakkan
Rakkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Malon Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:39 am

The idea is to have the event hosted by a few guilds (Light of Argus, Mithril Guard, and Shadow Sentinels) and to post general invites on the forums once we have things organised. The death of the lich king is a fairly major event that should be celebrated on a larger scale.
Malon
Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:22 am

I loooove this idea!
It sounds great. The idea of multiple guild together sounds wonderfull.
Finally us spacegoats get to mix with other races :3
But, Im must also add this: More guilds= more people= more problems.
I'm not saying this is doomed to fail, but It'll be a bit trickier then a local guild meeting.
If there is anything I can do to help, give me a nudge. I am offering myself! (no not take advantage plz) Razz
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:27 am

Oooh okay - I misunderstood, I thought you were aiming at a guild-internal audience here, Malon! So you aim at an event core-organized by the 3 mentioned guilds, but open to a public audience?
Either way is fine with me, but as Senra fully correct stated - more people, more problems. While I usually embrace the idea of being open and host a large array of RPers, giving out open forum invitations to all interested people on the server always bring the big risk of bringing people in who don't get the purpose of the event or either troll it. In the past I've become veeery vary of organizing open server events.
However this may also be more interesting than mingling in the same circle of people, but if it's an open event, a large number of people is expected to come by(even our guilds alone are a huge number! Smile ).. so a more organized event structure might be needed so people don't get bored

Ah, I'm babbling here - either way, LoA is happy to halp! *waves Darnassus-flag*

btw who is this Rakkan you talk of, Nat? D: I've never heard of him. Is he an old member? Inactive? Or what?

A faint memory which we miss dearly... Razz
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malon Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 pm

Admin wrote:Oooh okay - I misunderstood, I thought you were aiming at a guild-internal audience here, Malon! So you aim at an event core-organized by the 3 mentioned guilds, but open to a public audience?
Either way is fine with me, but as Senra fully correct stated - more people, more problems. While I usually embrace the idea of being open and host a large array of RPers, giving out open forum invitations to all interested people on the server always bring the big risk of bringing people in who don't get the purpose of the event or either troll it. In the past I've become veeery vary of organizing open server events.
However this may also be more interesting than mingling in the same circle of people, but if it's an open event, a large number of people is expected to come by(even our guilds alone are a huge number! Smile ).. so a more organized event structure might be needed so people don't get bored

Ah, I'm babbling here - either way, LoA is happy to halp! *waves Darnassus-flag*

Yeah, there is potential for complications by opening it to others, which is one reason why I want the Mithril Guard involved. They've run some pretty large public events, and regularly contributed to the Steamwheedle Fair. We've some pretty good RP going in our respective guilds, and it's nice to get a chance to share that with the server. Besides, we may find some new friends and possible recruits along the way.

I'd like to get an in-game OOC chat arranged, so would a Sunday evening be good for you? We probably shouldn't have too many people in that chat, so perhaps two or three people from each guild could gather feedback and suggestions from their guilds to bring to the chat. If Sunday is good, I'll ask the same of the dorfs and we could meet either this coming Sunday night or the one after.
Malon
Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Hey Malon!

Sorry that it didn't work out with the ingame chat yesterday, I was pretty much busy with our weekly guild meeting (which is by the way each wednesday evening) and got carried away by more recruitment talk afterwards.

As for your suggestion, sunday evening sounds always pretty good for me- just tell me beforehand and I'll make time. (I know Perforad is not available that evening, and will have to check with Tiaana wether she is around too)
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malon Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 pm

No worries. I got nabbed for a raid and afterwards had a very early night. Here's what I'm posting on all three forums.

Hi there,

In order to make it easier to thrash-out some ideas, I think we should meet to discuss the OOC aspects of the event. With this decided, we can begin the IC build-up to the event.

It may be best if we keep the number of people relatively small, ideally 3 or 4 from each guild. I'd like all three guilds to have an equal say in how the event will be run. The only condition I consider to be a deal-breaker is that the event must be open to the public. This is about giving something special back to the RPers of Moonglade and showcasing what I consider to be three very special guilds.

By all means collect ideas from your guilds and bring those along. By all means have more people in the channel, but the conversation will be easier to manage if we limit the number of speakers. I'll use the Elephant mod to record the conversation so it can be published on the forums.

19:00 Sunday 9th of May
/join rphomecoming

I'll establish this channel tonight or tomorrow, so anyone who fancies joining it in the meantime is welcome. I'd love to get some opinions and real-time conversation to keep things moving along.
Malon
Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  Malon Fri May 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Had a chat with Grov, so suggested an in-game chat at around 20:00 this coming Friday (14th of May). Feel free to join the chat channel rphomecoming. Apologies for the short notice, but for some reason I wasn't able to get in to my account. I'll be around a fair bit this weekend, and the plan is to identify some people to help host activities at the event and set a date for it.
Malon
Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Fri May 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Hey Malon!

Wasn't short notice at all, I've had the talk today in mind since you told me after the last one was cancelled on sunday - no apologies needed! I'll be around at 20.00 but wanna point out that I'd not make it a long talk due to possible friday night RL plans Razz
Officers are welcome to be brought along I reckon? And the talk will take place in the channel, or do you plan to meet in pixel-person somewhere?

Laters!
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Malon Sat May 15, 2010 1:37 am

Yeah, I was thinking of a nice short one. I'm heading down to the Well a little later, but wanted to get a few basic things sorted out.

i.e.

1) A timescale for this
2) Who's IC going to be running things?
3) Where will we hold it?
4) Any specific wants or things that we're strongly against?
Malon
Malon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum