the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tansari's Profile

4 posters

Go down

Tansari's Profile Empty Tansari's Profile

Post  Tansari Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:31 am

Character name:
Tansari Peacebringer. Previously, she was named "Tansari del Venaar", but upon arrival in Azeroth and consequently losing her entire family, Tansari renamed herself in accordance with her goals.

Character description:
(who is he/she and what has he done before?)
Born on one of the many worlds that the Draenei passed over before they settled on Draenor, Tansari is a relatively young Draenei. Though she keeps no account of her age, she is somewhere around 1,200 years old.

Having been brought up in the security of a close family, Tansari del Venaar had shown little interest in exploring as a child. Her father, a great believer in equality between all peoples, had fostered a strong mind in Tansari. She was the hope that her father had sought out, when her older brother had proven weak-minded and frivolous. In Tansari he forged a fierce independence, something that has remained with her throughout her whole life.

In truth, Tansari has no recollection of where she was born, or why she was moved around so much; her life is a series of fragmented memories from the time before the crash into Azeroth. While she clearly and loyally recalls her family and her loyalties to them, she has no real memory of Zangarmarsh - where she was brought up, for the most part - nor anything before it. Her memories of childhood are simply images of her parents, brother, and snatches of conversation. She has little comprehension of politics, or the history of her race; not simply through ignorance, but through a genuine difficulty to remember much. She believes that crash into Azeroth damaged her memory somewhat, as she was startled to discover that her comrades knew her name and her family.

Upon learning that her entire family had died, or so it was believed, in the crash, Tansari fled from the Exodar and did not return for long time. Recalling her father's fascination with all things around him and his deep-seated belief in equality, the young draenei swore that she would become deeply acquainted with all the races of Azeroth, and become a pillar in the Alliance.

Though she had never handled a weapon before, Tansari found a natural affinity for the bow and crossbow; she was reminded of her father's love for curious creatures, and chose to follow the path of a Huntress in order to explore and acquaint herself with the world she was now forced to remain in. Burying herself in this new goal, Tansari left the Exodar embittered and determined. For many months her only companion was Venaar, a moth she had tamed on Bloodmyst Isle before leaving; naming him for her family, Tansari changed her own name to "Peacebringer". Many that have met her presume that Tansari wishes to bring peace between her people and the other races of the Alliance; while this once her noble goal, it has long since fallen by the wayside. The peace Tansari now seeks is internal, a calmness to soothe her still aching loss.

While Tansari had left the Exodar with great optimism and hope regarding the other races of the Alliance, she has now returned with a greatly changed view. Fascinated by the Kal'dorei, Tansari found a kinship among their hunters and druids that she had not felt since she left the Exodar. Believing that she might find such a kinship and respect among the other members of the Alliance, she travelled through Ironforge to Booty Bay and was disgusted by the conduct of the gnomes, dwarves and humans that she met along the way.

Repulsed by their enthusiasm for drink, Tansari soon swore to never willingly work with a dwarf. At least, not unless there were other Draenei about to temper her. While, at first, she was endeared to the ever curious gnomes, Tansari soon found her dislike for them growing as she watched them create 'useful' inventions. Their pervasive questions and fascination for crude technology served only to embarrass Tansari, who soon left the gnomes in peace. Having heard that humans were, like Tansari, worshippers of the Holy Light, she had become - briefly - optimistic once more. What Tansari gleamed from her interactions with the humans was little more than a reminder of how first impressions can be vital; she was, at first, enthusiastic and friendly in her dealings with the humans of Stranglethorn Vale. Fairly quickly, however, her friendliness gave way to tired acceptance; her polite nature wore thin and got her nowhere with the hard-lined humans.

Indeed, had she not encountered the goblins of Booty Bay, Tansari would have given up all hope on the Alliance in those first few months. After having been employed by goblins in Stranglethorn Vale and doing little more than their dirty work, Tansari was homesick. To that end, she bowed her head and swallowed her pride, returning to the Exodar humbled.

Loyalities:
(What is he thinking about Velen and the Naaru, or which fraction is he loyal to?)
Tansari genuinely has little interest in the politics of her race. Her first loyalty is to herself and, should they ever resurface, her family. Beyond this, Tansari ranks the Draenei as a whole as her next loyalty, beyond that nodding her head to everyone else as equally important.

Why are you interested joining Light of Argus?
(IC and OOC)
ICly, Tansari has become increasingly lonely in her travels across Azeroth. She has given up all hope on the other races, and wishes for some kinship with her own people. She also, secretly, hopes that she might find her family through links with the Light of Argus.

OOCly, I've heard really good things about Light of Argus and have had some good RP with your members beforeā€¦ I'm appalling at levelling but love RP, and would love to expand my Lore-knowledge of Draenei, as it is so, so poor.

Tansari

Back to top Go down

Tansari's Profile Empty Re: Tansari's Profile

Post  Senra Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:39 am

Hi Tansari!

Glad to see you found your ways to our forum.
That's quite a busy two years your charracter had there, visiting almost every race of the Alliance.
Just a note, 1200 years is very very young for a draenei. Probably just within adulthood. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, but it could benefit your charracter in a bad way. It depends on the way you play her.

Anyways, one of the officers will contact you in-game.

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Perforad Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:08 am

A really nice application indeed, I'm glad you found time to write it out!

Oh and Senra.. let's not start this discussion here, but 1,200 years is not young for a Draenei, if it was there would be no such thing as Draenei born on Draenor. Still, the best way to handle a Draenei's age in general is to mention when/in what situation they were born and not say their exact age or even a guess. It's just not interesting for a Draenei seeing they grow so old.

I hope we find time to meet you in game again!
Perforad
Perforad

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimsain Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:51 am

We have a most excellent thread in the forums here.
A long friendly discussion named "Age span for Draenei".
If you get in, it can be found in the Draenei section.
I must warn you though, it might make your brain hurt. Laughing
Grimsain
Grimsain

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansari Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:23 pm

I've read that discussion a few times, it's where I figured that Tan's age would come from. (Not too old but not too young)

The number really is there for my own brain rather than hers, Tan hasn't got a clue. XD

(P.S. I'm levelling an alt at the moment, so I might be on Laaris more than Tansari *sheepish* At least outside of RP time)

Tansari

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down