the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sulaya's story

3 posters

Go down

Sulaya's story Empty Sulaya's story

Post  Sulaya Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:47 am

Character name: Sulaya

Suly has a nice character, once in awhile a bit shy (to new people) but overall good to work with.

(who is he/she and what has he done before?)

((incoming!))

They had lived on Draenor for so long, longer then she could remember.

She, her father, her mother and her sister.

They lived in peace in a cozy home, together. They lived of what the land and the water had to offer, they hunted and cooked their own food. Only once in awhile they went to Shattrath to buy other things they needed. Years went by. They grew up, being taught by their father and playing and living with the rest of the people. That’s what she remembered of that time. Peace.

Then, thát time came. The time of running, fleeing, the old man gathering them all into a ship, and taking off.
Away from their land, away from their home.

So long the journey had taken, visiting other worlds, mostly in secrecy to get supplies, and moving on again, searching for a new home, and chased on.
A lot of people lived in fear. The people started to focus on surviving, to learn how to defend themselves, to help others.
So did they.

They had been farmers back home. How far back that was now… Her father took up arms and became a defender. A vindicator. She was so proud of him. He would go out with the landing parties to gather supplies. Once in awhile she would join and help them hunt. Some worlds were friendly, others were not. More then once they would be discovered and chased off. Others would give them supplies.

She had always had a bond with nature. As a hunter she had learned to move away from the wind, sense the changes in the landscape that showed where the game went, follow the tracks and get the pray. In a ship, there’s not much to hunt. So she started to look around for things to do.

She wandered through the ship and walked into the Crystal Hall, where the shamans worked. She would often go there and listen to their tales.
One time she walked in and one of the Broken beckoned her.
“You seem tired, child. What troubles you?”, he asked. “I am a bit bored, Elder”, she answered, “I have nothing to do at the moment and I feel a bit useless. There’s nothing to hunt here and nature is nowhere to be seen…”, she sobbed.
“Ah, but child, there you are mistaken!”, he surprised her, “look around you! Nature is everywhere!” She looked around but failed to see what the Broken meant.
“... just not as you know it…”, he said while he gave her a little bottle. “Drink this and you will see what I mean.” A bit reluctant she took the bottle and drank it. It had no taste and she wasn’t even sure if there had been anything in the bottle. The Broken pointed behind her. “Look, and see…”, he said. She turned around. Two Draenei elementalists, as they were called, walked on, seemingly talking to eachother and to thin air. Then, suddenly, something materialised around them and with a gasp she saw they were beings… She looked at the elder, startled, but he just smiled and nodded.
“They are elementals of nature, my child. Earth, Fire, Air and Water. Everything in nature has a spirit. You just have to learn to see and hear them.” He looked up at her and smiled again. “If you want to learn more about these aspects of nature, then please, sit down, and keep watching them untill the potion runs out and they dissapear from your view again. I will answer all your questions. In time, you might even learn to see them without a potion...” In awe, she sat down and talked with the elder the entire rest of the day. She had indeed found nature again.

From that moment on, she was a shaman in training. The elder had offered her a chance to teach her about the elements, how to communicate with them and how to ask for their help. He taught her that she should never demand anything of them, but always humbly ask, they would help if they pleased.
She was eager to learn and her knowledge grew fast.

Her sister had taken up a scholarship with the priests and became a trainee healer, just like her mother.
And so, the had all found new tasks.

Then, one day, the ship started trembling and shaking, and suddenly she floated! And everyone else floated too! They were falling! The people screamed and cried, frightened for their lives… down and down they went, very fast, faster and faster, untill they entered the atmosphere of some planet, and everyone fell down again.
She heard people shouting “We’re going down! We’re crashlanding!”

The ship had been damaged already when they left Draenor and while they were underway, technicians had been repairing it and kept to it, but, she thought, it obviously had been too much after all for the poor ship… they krept together and held eachother tight.

Then, there was a flash of light as parts of the ship cracked by the pressure and flew off, pulling people out with them, as the ship crashlanded. Then, there was a big explosion and her world went dark.

She opened her eyes and was greeted by a blinding sun and a splitting headache. She crawled up and looked around. She sat in some ruins.

She, her… no… she. She was alone. Slowly and frightened, she crawled to the top of the hill.

Sulaya stood up and looked over a land with purple flowers and a variaty of ruins. Ruins of parts of the exodar. She just stood there and stared, as someone came running up and started taking care of the wounds on her head...

Loyalities:
Velen is the old man that gathered them when they fled, but she holds him in high regard. The same goes for the Naaru. Which btw is also the case for the elder Broken on board.

Why are you interested joining Light of Argus?

IC: I have been alone since I've woken up from the crash. Ofcourse there were people who took care of me when I woke up, who took care of my wounds, but my family, my friends, I have not seen since the ship went down. I don't even know if they're still alive... Then one day I decided to visit the ship again. I thought it would be deserted, but to my surprise, there were actually people there! Accidently I walked into a meeting and you were kind enough to let me stay... I emediatly felt "at home". I hope I can stay and learn from all of you and perhaps you might be able to help me find my family again...

OOC: My main on this server is Finna. She's in the Mithril Guard. One of my alts is Rainsong, who is in Druids of the Wild. I love guilds with a theme, and esp. a "one race or class" theme - they're special Smile I have met Nataari on the faire (thanks for tha ramwash lass!) and met several Draenei. I really liked what I felt and saw. So, here I am Smile We've been RP'ing and I've been invited already, thanks for that! But my story is a bit long for the char introduction so therefor I still post it here. Having an official recruiting afterwards so to speak Wink
Sulaya
Sulaya

http://www.ontourlb.org

Back to top Go down

Sulaya's story Empty Re: Sulaya's story

Post  Alazeer Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:10 am

Nice story, I really like the running theme of 'She, her father, her mother and her sister'. However, the part about going from planet to planet comes before they arrived on Draenor, after Draenor came Azeroth. Before Draenor, was a load of planets and before that was Argus from 'Light of Argus'. Apart from that tiny thing, awesome story, awesome. Very Happy
Alazeer
Alazeer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulaya Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:06 am

Oops Smile I meant it more like landing, getting supplies and leaving again, but thanks for that, I'll remember it Wink
Sulaya
Sulaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Alazeer Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:59 pm

I don't THINK it was even like that, I thought it was Draenor, Azeroth, BOOM! But that is just my theory. great story.
Alazeer
Alazeer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:44 am

Hey Sulaya, thanks for adding this lovely story afterwards - and once again, welcome to the guild! Smile

To clarify about the lroebit, Alazeer was right there - from the bits and pices we know about Draenei lore, there were no planets between Draenor and Azeroth - the long journey between the stars was long before, after leaving their homeworld Argus and before settling on Draenor
On Draenor, the Draenei lived a long time in peace, spent a comparatively short time (still decades though) hiding in the marshes, retook the Exodar, hauled into the nether and quite sudden crashlanded on Azeroth (BOOM in Alazeers words Razz )

That just as a hint which might proove helpful, no critic intended - I think your story is really lovely to read and despite the mixup perfectly reasonable as background for your char Smile
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulaya Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:07 am

Thanks both of you! I guess I just misunderstood a part of the lore then Wink

Thanks for the info and the kind words Smile
Sulaya
Sulaya