the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dubious sign ups / Suspicious IPs blocked

2 posters

Go down

Dubious sign ups / Suspicious IPs blocked Empty Dubious sign ups / Suspicious IPs blocked

Post  Nataari Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:18 am

Hello dear guests and members,

Just a quick announcement for all -

As a precaution I have for the moment banned any sign up and registration with an @ovi.com account. For some weird reason, this forum has been swamped over the last 3 weeks with dozens of unknown user-sign ups with Chinese names and ovi.com and sina.cn adresses (needless to say, none of these users made any application post or showed any action such as browsing or messaging)
Since I want to keep the forum as safe as possible, I have banned all adresses with above mentioned providers, as well as single suspicious IPs (like distinctive Chinese providers - I somewhat doubt we suddenly gained a large Chinese fanbase in the last 3 weeks Razz) Apologies if a seriously interested recruit has a ovi.com adress - any other mail adress should work.

Have a good day,

Nataari

PS: Should I have accidentally deleted the profile of a 'serious' user/ recruit - apologies too. Sign up again and pop me PM, please Smile
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Dubious sign ups / Suspicious IPs blocked Empty Re: Dubious sign ups / Suspicious IPs blocked

Post  Acherai Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:52 am

Ovi.com is mobilephone manufacturer Nokia's portal. One service it provides is e-mail adress @ovi.com. So it might not have been any dubious or ilmannered person.
But better to be safe than sorry.

- Acherai
Acherai
Acherai

Back to top Go down

Dubious sign ups / Suspicious IPs blocked Empty Re: Dubious sign ups / Suspicious IPs blocked

Post  Nataari Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:34 am

Yes, exactly Acherai - I reckon this post mainly goes out to the recruits with a ovi.com adress (I doubt many folks interested in LoA have sina.com).. It is a common provider, however for some reason we get a lot of sign ups with ovi.com which do look suspicious (no personalization in profile, often Chinese sounding or gibberish names - dfkfdf).

Meanwhile I unblocked ovi.com again, but as we still get the occasional 'dummy-sign up' from this provider, I'll have an eye on it and delete sign ups which I suspect of being dubious. If I unrightfully delete someone, please send me a PM or resign using another email adress
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum