the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appication - Zhataan

2 posters

Go down

Appication - Zhataan Empty Appication - Zhataan

Post  germanicusxxi Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 am

Character name: Zhataan

Character description: Zhataan is a hunter. He was born on a world one jump away (in space and time) from Draenor.

His mother (Nerthaani) and father (Zhataar) were very loving to him and his twin sister (Venaathra). They were priests as was his sister.
Venaathra was very close to him, so much so that they were capable of reading each other's thoughts, or so it seemed.
Life on his birth world was idyllic and his parents encouraged him in his first love, hunting. Although he was expected to become a priest his parents never forced him and always encouraged his efforts. He was schooled in the history of his people and came to regard the Naaru as angelic entities of the Light. His faith is extremely strong and he will have no words spoken against the Light nor of Velen whom he regards as near godlike. He knows of the Burning Crusade and his initial fears have turned to hatred, but this is tempered by pity for the Eredar who were savagely distorted.
When word of his people's enemies and pursuers came, all had to board their ship and leave their world.
He has no conception of space or time as all Draenei are in stasis while aboard their ship.

Eventually they landed on Draenor. The Draenei met and befriended the indigenous Orcs, a calm and friendly race. Time passed and all was well until the fateful day when frenzied Orcs, full of bloodlust descended on the Draenei en masse. What happened has had a lasting effect on Zhataan. He witnessed his parents slaughtered and his race scattered to the four winds. He and his sister fled with the rest of the Draenei who could escape. The ship took off, all the passengers in stasis. That is all he remembers. Some time later, it could have been milliseconds or years to him, he regained consciousness in a green field with wreckage all around him. As he came to he heard anguished cries all around and the smell of burning flesh.
This was his baptism of fire on Azeroth.
Now it has been a short time, he doesn't know how long since the crash, that he has lived on Azeroth. He has met and befriended what he now knows as Elves and Humans. He feels an affinity with these two races. They seem driven by the same urges. They are honourable and courageous which he admires.
The only thing which confounds him are the Humans, who seem obsessed by time, or the passage of it. He is constantly asked what age he is and he cannot say for certain. He questions Humans, asking what a "year" is. He is told it is made up of days which are divided into "bells". This he is getting used to. He sees the sun and the moon. On his birthworld he tells the inquisitive Humans that it had three suns and five moons. They are astounded!
His sister, Venaathra, he has not seen since the crash but he is certain she lives, he feels it. He is determined to find her. He hunts now and brings back food, animal skins and ore for his people to use so they can adapt to Azeroth, their brave new world.
Loyalties:
Zhataan's loyalties are to his people and the new races they have met. Of Velen, as mentioned, he looks on as almost a god. The Naaru, as they are entities who seem to come of and are imbued by the Light, he worships. He is also fiercely loyal to all races within the Alliance coalition. He constantly is on the lookout for servants of the Horde and actively seeks them out. He tries at all times to protect and assist folk who are persecuted and defenceless.
Why are you interested joining Light of Argus?
IC: I know that the Light of Argus is for my people only. Having only been on Azeroth a short time and that our race is hunted, to be in a strong group is logical. We are one people, one blood, untainted. We cannot scatter. Together we flourish, alone we perish. May my aim be good and my heart strong.
OC: I really think that an a Draenei guild is a fantastic idea, and leaves a ton of space for really good RP. The opportunities to mix and form relationships is excellent. For example, any one of our characters could be related to one another. I really do like RP as it adds such a dimension to the game. It stops WoW being a "log on, kill, log off" type of game. What RP does is allow characters to grow as time goes on. I hope that doesn't sound to grand and pompous but I think that anyone who enjoys RP can bring so much to the game.
I tried not to be too specific about the Draenei timeline, preferring to show that I have a decent grasp of the lore.
Thanks for reading this and apologies for the length for my application.

germanicusxxi

Back to top Go down

Appication - Zhataan Empty Re: Appication - Zhataan

Post  Senra Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Hello there!

Thank you for your application, but I am afraid we have to decline you. Not because of your appliaction, I really liked your story, but the guild is going inactive and we are no longer taking new members. If your still looking for a rp guild I wish you good luck with it and advice you to check the Moonglade realm forum or join the /rpnetwork channel to get in touch with rpers.
Take care!

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Appication - Zhataan Empty Thanks

Post  germanicusxxi Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:45 am

Hello Senra
Thank you for reading my application. Naturally I'm extremely disappointed.
If your guild goes active again consider my application
Thanks

germanicusxxi

Back to top Go down

Appication - Zhataan Empty Re: Appication - Zhataan

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum