the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**IMPORTANT* LoA is going inactive.

+3
Rakkan
Yisra
Senra
7 posters

Go down

**IMPORTANT* LoA is going inactive. Empty **IMPORTANT* LoA is going inactive.

Post  Senra Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Hello dear LoA gang,

During last nights rp evening we had a little chat about the future of the Light of Argus. With the most active members and core group Perforad and myself decided that we're LoA is going down.

Due to the lack of activity on the server and dying rp it's hard for us to remain active and going. Also alot of us, including myself, have lost fun in playing the game. After playing for over 7 years for me WoW has lost it's glory and I think that goes for most of the core group of LoA. The last event we (or I) did was a bit proof for that. The Halloween Party was fun, but the turnout was low. About 10 people showed up, while it was a server-wide event. For me that was enough to loose fun in hosting events if hardly anyone turns up. Moonglade and WoW in general is going down in activity and that is effecting RP alot.

This means that the Light of Argus will become a non-active guild. We will kick all the inactive members and keep only the people we trust. These people are welcome to stay and enjoy the guild perks while leveling, or find a new guild if they please. We will not disband the guild. I will keep all my draenei charracters in the guild incase I want to return to game sometimes. I think Perforad will do the same. This forum will remain active, and there may be some forum rp going.
So if you want to keep a charracter in LoA, let me know through a in-game letter. My subscription runs untill the 29th this month. Not sure if I'll buy another month, maybe.

Also!! Perforad and myself are going to play Star Wars: The Old Rebublic. The new MMORPG that comes out in december. Here we are making a Republic RP guild names the Light of Alderaan, or LoA short (Har har). If anyone is thinking about playing this game aswell and wants to join us, let us know!

Are you thinking: I'll miss those great, wonderfull and amazing people from the Light of Argus! Do not fear! There are other ways to stay in contact. Through mail, facebook, skype or whatever you can send hugs or anything you like. You can find my real name in the Master of the Puppets thread and track me on Facebook or skype.

So that's it! We had great fun for the 2,5 years we've been active. But all good things come to an end, and this is only a game after all.

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

**IMPORTANT* LoA is going inactive. Empty Re: **IMPORTANT* LoA is going inactive.

Post  Yisra Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:34 am

Well I'll let the smiley show how I feel. -------> Sad

For the past months I've noticed that the server comunity as been getting a bit lower and more silent, compared to how it was during BC times and Wrath.

I totally understand your poinst Sen and understand your's and other's decision to stop playing.

Personally I will not get Star Wars, for now. There's just details in WoW that will make me play it for a long time, perhaps until the serves shut down, or while the people who I've been playing with, for the past 3 years, keep playing.

This is not really a goodbye (I hope Very Happy) I'll add those who have a facebook to my friends list, but I'd just like to say that you people are amazing, in your own special way, and it was a pleasure to play and get in touch with you.
Yisra
Yisra

Back to top Go down

**IMPORTANT* LoA is going inactive. Empty Re: **IMPORTANT* LoA is going inactive.

Post  Rakkan Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:56 am

Senra wrote:

Also!! Perforad and myself are going to play Star Wars: The Old Rebublic. The new MMORPG that comes out in december. Here we are making a Republic RP guild names the Light of Alderaan, or LoA short (Har har). If anyone is thinking about playing this game aswell and wants to join us, let us know!

pwn. I'm currently involved in a guild project to bring people together on the same SW:tOR server. Sadly, it's a Swedish only project. Hopefully, we'll end up on the same server as your Light of Alderaan guild.

On-topic again: Sad to see LoA go. But I understand your sentiment. GL to you people.
Rakkan
Rakkan

Back to top Go down

Post  mimzy Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:44 am

Big up's to the guild leaders for managing one of the majorly greatest guilds on Moonglade.
It's sad that LoA goes inactive, but it's better to do that, than to just fade away and dissapear.
At least this way we get to say goodbye. Smile

*hugs all around*
//Mimzy
mimzy
mimzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Perforad Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:38 pm

It was a sad decision to make, but the only one we could because of how the game changed and the impact this had on player participation.

LoA will stay on Moonglade for as long as possible, even if the members themselves all inactivated their accounts. And we all thank Nataari for what she started and the opportunity it gave us to meet some great people.

About the SW:TOR project: Currently it is just Senra and me, so we need 2 more pre-ordered people to make sure the guild actually gets created at launch and our name is reserved. And Rakkan, if you let us know what guild it is, we could make an allegiance with your guild to increase our chances of coming to the same server. So maybe if your guild already has the 4 pre-orders and you have pre-ordered you might be able to help to fill up the gap of 2 people and switch to your swedish guild after the game launch *puppy eyes* :-D

For everyone else: if you want to join our LoA in SW:TOR, just search up Light of Alderaan and apply. Let me know who you were in WoW and I will send an invite.

Thank you for all the great years everyone, and we hope to see you all again one day!
Perforad
Perforad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulaya Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:40 am

I don't and can't understand people are giving up. I don't mean you personally but all RP'ers on Moonglade in general.
I know and notice that the Guard also is getting thinner in activity but I will not give up on it. We will find a way to get more dwarfs and become active again, I will not see it go down.

I am wondering why RP is dying. It's because of all the non RP'ers im guessing and I hate them for that.
I can't stand the fact that they are getting what they want.

Vindi, DotW, LoA gone.
QBB hardly active, their leaders gone for ages.
Same with other RP guilds.
The Guard not very active, we're struggling to even get dwarves for the march.

And still I will not give up.

I hope you enjoy some other game. I'll stay here.

I want to keep Ehiela and Sulaya in. Will send you an ingame mail as well.
Sulaya
Sulaya

http://www.ontourlb.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:12 am

We're not giving up and we're not going inactive just because rp is slimming on the server. After 7 years the game has lost fun for me, and most others. And when the council of a guild stops playing, there is no way you can keep going. I've played nearly from the beginning and I've had enough now. Playing is no longer fun, no new things to do.

And I think that is the reason rp is dying. People stop playing and thus there is no more people to roleplay. But this happens to all online games. After a while people loose their intrest and stop. And after the 7 years WoW has been on the top of the MMO-rpg games it's going. Can't always be the best.

Wish you all the best with the Guard.

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulaya Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:34 am

Like I said, it wasn't aimed at you but to all people.

And tbh, I think it's rediculous (again not to you personally but in general) but this guild has 53 members (or characters) of which 17 are offline a month or higher.
I'd say the guild is still active.

Doesn't anyone want to take over from you? I can't, I have enough to do with the Guard.
Sulaya
Sulaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:23 pm

As said in the first post, we discussed this with the core group. The group that shows up for the wednesday rp nights, is at events and that pretty much also is the entire council. And all those 5 people agreed to the guild going in-active. This core group and council lost intrest in the game abit. For the last month or so the show-up for the wednesday rp nights have been the same group over and over again.
I personally think it is not a good idea to give the leadership to someone else. I also think Nataari would not agree with that, and she also understood our discision to go in-active. When the people that put most effort into the guild stop playing, there's no point in going forward.
Also I kicked about 20 people last week that were offline longer then a month. Most of the members now are alts or people that are just leveling and don't show up for rp. My sub has ended and I don't think I'm going to buy another month, so the people that are in there stay there.

I understand that you are irritated that rp is dying, but our discision to put the guild in-active is done. We are not going to change this. It's always frustrating or sad to see something that you enjoy doing dies. I personally am not going to put any more effort into a game where I lost intrest in, or a guild where the most active members have stopped playing. I have put alot of effort in it these years, but now I just can't be bothered putting time into events where hardly anyone shows up.

Discussion about in-active guild/dying rp closed Smile

Greets,
Senra/

Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulaya Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Just one more thing: I do understand but that doesn't mean I can't feel sorry Smile

Anyway, if both you and Perf are going inactive, wouldn't it be handy to at least put the GL tag on someone else in case things have to happen with ranks or bank or whatever? As in "In case" because you or Perf wont be there and we wont have a technical GL anymore.
Just a thought. If not and something would need to be done, we'd have to wait two months untill the system sees you inactive and gives us the chance to change GL.

I still don't want the title Wink just saying it might be handy to put it on someone else.
Sulaya
Sulaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Perforad Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:53 pm

Don't worry about that. My game time runs untill mid February 2012, which is more than 2 months after I went inactive.

I do plan to also give the GL to Nataari again, so the guild is back in her hands again for when she returns.
I understand your concern though, but we are making sure the guild stays in good hands. Do not worry.
Perforad
Perforad

Back to top Go down

Post  Arukann Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:22 am

She has a very valid point there, one which I planned to address actually....Way to go Razz

/Aru

Arukann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum