the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application-Thornal

4 posters

Go down

Application-Thornal Empty Application-Thornal

Post  Thornal Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:42 am

Character Name:
Thornal

Character Description:

As a child born and raised aboard Oshu'gun, Thornal had a deep connection to the Naaru and he always believed that they were the sole reason for his people to be alive. This was until the ship crashed to the surface of a world, that would come to be named "Dreanor". The impact of the crash, which killed the Naaru D'ore and nearly killed the Naaru K'ure, was enourmous. Luckily, he and his mother survived. But his fathers heart, old even for an Eredar, was weakened. That crash, a crash big enough to darken a Naaru's light, took his father from him.

But change was on its way. First time in several thousand years, he felt joy in his heart. The burden of being chased by an infernal army was off of his shoulders. In the guidance of Velen and the Naaru, he helped his people build their new future. Cities like Shattrath and Telmor were rising and Thornal was making new acquaintances. The natives of his new land, the Orcs, were deeply bonded with the elements. This reminded him of his connection with light. These elementalists called themselves "shamans" and Thornal was charmed by these unorthodox methods. This "new" way seemed to him as an opportunity to connect with his fathers spirit. As alluring as it was, Thornal kept his distance.

Years have passed. "Incidents" occured. Thornal lost his mother in the massacre in Shattrath. His faith in the Naaru was long gone. After years of research, he discovered the life cycle of the Naaru and learned that the void inside of K'ure absorbed the souls of his father and mother to energize, rejuvenate itself... Killing them for the second time.

He was beaten, feeling betrayed, lost... But he was not alone. He clinged to the last piece of hope and courage in his heart and heeded Nobundo's call.

Loyalities:

Thornal is severely loyal to Velen and treats him with utmost respect. Even though he is fascinated with and grateful to Naaru, he can't get the "void state" out of his mind. He continuously studies them, hoping to understand their nature.

Why am I interested in joining Light of Argus?

ICC:

To this day, Thornal has lived his long years as a loner. But he believes a little diversity can do him good and might help him with his research.

OOC:

First of all, apologies for my really, really sucky English.

This is my first time in Moonglade. I was playing a Tauren druid in Sporeggar (I still am, actually) before, means I was always involved with the RP in WoW. But since the RP in Sporeggar is half-dead, I decided to take my chances in an another realm. And I'm not a heavy RP-er, no-life player or anything. Just a casual player who really likes his RP. I guess that's the main reason I want to join LoA.

And Draenei are the new Tauren!

Thanks and hope to hear from ye guys soon.

Last edited by Thornal on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Thornal
Thornal

Back to top Go down

Application-Thornal Empty Re: Application-Thornal

Post  Nataari Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Hello Thornal,

very nice application indeed - loved how you took the Draenor lore and made it work for your characters background.. And besides a very unique explanation why your character got drawn to shamansim over the course of the years, I liked how it was a very long and ongoing process rather than a sudden change of mind! Smile

That just as feedback, looking forward to catch up with you in game. Oh, and welcome to Moonglade of course, hope we can make you feel at home here Wink

Regards,

Nataari

PS: Draenei > Tauren Cool

No worries about the English btw - most of us aren't native speakers either
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Perforad Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:17 pm

This really is a nice application, and Nataari is right that the story to turn to shamanism as well as away of the Light is well explained and takes a long time for this character to achieve.

I cannot wait to meet in game for a nice chat!

PS. Tauren druids are still nice Nat, they can be helpful! ;-)
Perforad
Perforad

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Yay for shamanism!

Thanks for the application Thornal. It looks really good. I like the part where you involved K'ure, and some of the other Naaru.

Oh and Draenei really are the new Tauren, we have more stylish tails and horns ^^

Anyways! One of the officers will poke you ingame for a intervieuw.

Cheers,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Thornal Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:35 am

Hey, thanks for the kind words guys. Looking forward to meet you too. =)
Thornal
Thornal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down