the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avaali's Application

2 posters

Go down

Avaali's Application Empty Avaali's Application

Post  Avaali Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 am

Character name: Avaali

Character description:
Avaali was born into a family of Vindicators and Anchorites during the Draenei's exile, before they found Draenor. Her family was a strict one, and not following the path of the Light wasn't an alternative. Since Avaali was everything but talented when it came to physical exercises, it was decided that she would follow the path of a priest. However, even this was unsatisfactory.
Avaali had the intelligence required to be an Anchorite, and even more to add to it. However, she had almost no connection to the Light, even less than that of a regular Draenei. She was, quite simply, unable to feel it. But, despite that, she continued on her path.
Despite the fact that it was a cage.
While her own peers rose in the ranks, grew, changed, Avaali remained the same. Stagnant. Always.
Avaali lived for the sake of living, not for anything else. And this continued for thousands of years. To Draenor and beyond.
In Zangarmarsh, after the orcs attacked, she was unable to even heal the injured. Unable to lead and guide.
One can argue that she abandoned the Light, or it abandoned her. In either case, she lost faith in everything that made her Draenei.
Arriving on Azeroth was her salvation. Her rebirth.
On a mission as ambassador to Stormwind, her swift grip on languages let her work as a translator, she met a certain human. The two fell in love, and Avaali finally felt alive. She had one wish for him, which he fulfilled.
"I wish you would kidnap me."
The two fled together, but not without a price. A person was killed, and the man was named the criminal. Murderer and kidnapper of an ambassador.
Their journey started with tragedy.
The two travelled together from there on, abandoned all concepts of race. Avaali was no longer a Draenei. She was simply Avaali.
The man would sometimes jokingly refer to Avaali as a witch from the way he had spellbound him and dragged him down into exile. But he was happy. As was she.
Their journey ended with tragedy.
The man was discovered and killed. Avaali was thought to have been rescued from him. But she despaired.
She realized that she had not only abandoned her duties, her friends, her family, her entire race, but she actually had pulled him down into exile and eventual death. Not only that, but because of her, another person was dead. She was... a witch. Their happy life had been no more than fiction.
She was unable to apologize to the people who deserved it, the dead. She was unable to redeem herself for them. However, she could still redeem herself for her people. She gave herself back to the Light, and it welcomed her.
She is still the only one who knows the truth of the tale.

Avaali is fond of riddles and mysteries and will gladly give people around her a headache with them. She's got a very dry sense of humour, almost seeming insulting at times, and loves naughty jokes. She's extremely intelligent, to the point where people often have trouble keeping up with her train of thought. She's easily angered when people are being nosy. She's not very social.

Loyalities:
Avaali is fiercely loyal towards her people and the Light, but because she feels it is her duty, not because she loves either.

Why are you interested joining Light of Argus?
IC: Avaali wishes to redeem herself towards her people, as well as understand the Draenei. To her, the best way to do this would be to join an organization of Draenei.

OOC: Been talking to LoA members on the Draenei chat, so I know there're good people in this guild. I've also been longing for some good Draenei RP, something I've yet to see in all my time playing a Draenei. Ergo, the start of TBC.
Avaali
Avaali

Back to top Go down

Avaali's Application Empty Re: Avaali's Application

Post  Senra Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi there!

Glad to see you on our forum after seeing you in the Draenei chat. First I thought you were someomes alt Razz
Nice application. I think I see a few hints of a shadow priest in there Wink Which is lovely!
I'm not sure about the relation between a Draenei and a Human, as I am against interracial relations. But hey, everyone has their own thing. Just saying that some members and charracters might not like the idea.

Looking forward to meet this charracter in-game!

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Avaali Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 pm

I don't do alts. If I make a character, I split my time evenly on it and my other ones. Main and alt aren't labels I really use.

And that was part of the reason I went with the relationship. Conflict! Very Happy
Avaali
Avaali

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down