the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Lushiris

4 posters

Go down

Application - Lushiris Empty Application - Lushiris

Post  Lushiris Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Greetings; bellow is my application.

Character name: Lushiris

Character description:

As far as anyone in the Exodar remembers; the beautiful woman known as Lushiris has always been a Vindicator in the direct service of Prophet Velen and one of his most faithful retainers ever since the escape from Argus and up to the Exodar’s crash on Azeroth. She is very loyal to her Lord which she strictly refers to as “her liege”, and his will and views are unquestionable matters in her eyes. Lushiris isn’t the passionate kind of woman and as a result her fierce loyalty came to be from her own observation upon Prophet Velen’s unmatched wisdom and what that brought to their people through the generations. Everyone who comes to know Lushiris can tell you what kind of nice, pleasant, calm and rational woman to expect which makes her one of the first people her peers would seek whether asking for an advice or simply to have a pleasant conversation with a smiling face and musical laughter.

It was clear since the beginning that Lushiris developed very strong connection with the Naaru as they came into contact with Prophet Velen and so she became a faithful follower and embraced the teachings of the Light, adopting the ways and lifestyle of a scholar. It is for this reason that she is very rarely seen on the battlefield unless she was instructed directly by the High Council of the Exodar to join the fray and aid her allies with her healing powers.

One of her more recent feats in Azeroth was being enlisted to join the ranks of the Argent Crusade as an Emissary of Velen and Exodar’s way to display the draenei’s understanding of the threat of the Scourge and their support toward the Argent Crusade’s cause. She served faithfully an entire year in the ranks of Highlord Tirion Fordring as one of his advisors and developed an extreme sense of revering toward her new human friend after witnessing his valor and wisdom first hand. As a result she eventually ended up working with Vindicator Maraad on the Skybreaker, one of her best friends for a long time she developed a secret romantic interest in him but due to her nature nothing was apparent on the surface and therefore nothing developed of that and it remained a one-sided, unexpressed interest. One of the most valuable lessons she learned during the Northrend Campaign was the importance and effectiveness of uniting with their Horde enemies in the face of a common threat. As she was never a supporter of prejudgments and always took people on their own merit despite of their race or standing, she became even more accepting and open toward the Horde races in general but that didn’t stray her own visions and loyalties as a member of the Grand Alliance and more importantly; her allegiance to Prophet Velen and the her people. This made her the best candidate to be elected often and again as Velen’s emissary and one of Exodar’s renowned politicians and diplomats which she only came to love as she believes it enriches and reflects upon her scholarship.

While she prefers to spend her time expanding on an intellectual level, Lushiris is a gorgeous woman and she is very well aware of that. She is very well known to take a special care of her appearance and shows a great deal of care to her makeup in a non-sophisticated manner, and for even the smallest details like trimmed brushed hair and polished fingernails. Aside from her Vindicator silver armor, she is sometimes seen wearing traditional draenei gowns or stylish dresses. She has been in no real relationship for a while but as the social woman she is, she won’t pass out a request for a date if the man knew how to make her interested enough.

Loyalities:
All covered in the paragraph above I believe, but in a more stern terms: Lushiris is an extremist when it comes to Naaru and Velen and her faith and loyalty are unquestionable.

Why are you interested joining Light of Argus?

IC:
From a pure political point of view, Lushiris has always observed and highly supported the activities of the Light of Argus ever since it was formed on Azeroth few years back and she firmly believes that while the draenei ties to the Grand Alliance as of utmost importance to their survival on their new home, the principle of a faction formed strictly around their race and for the purpose of protecting and aiding all draenei across Azeroth is highly encouraged and therefore she decided to remain as supporter as ever, but this time by crossing the fence and walking on the lawns.

OOC:
A draenei based guild. No really, what's not to like? ^^

Seriously, a little information here though: While this is not my first experience in RP I am relatively new and haven't roleplayed in a while. I have been more of the raider type always rather than RPer and I have my main on another server for that, but currently I want a long break from raiding due to internet problems and real life work issues, so RP looks about perfect at this point of time and I hope I can be active and a nice addition to your awesome communtiy which is why I spoke to Senra yesterday and she directed me to your forums. I am mainly a Horde with 5 lv85s on Wildhammer EU server, one of them is my main raider, and I had Lushiris as my only ever Alliance there as well but transfered her to Moonglade only recently for the main purpose of RP. I am currently farming JPs to get the lv346 (yes, NOT 359, 346) healing plate gear as this is how I want Lushiris' armor to look like as an RP character despite of being accepted in your guild or not, which I hopefully will. As said also I have been having connection issues recently due to the political situation in my country but I am doing my best to fix it, and hope to succeed. Smile

Just thought I would give you above heads up and be completely honest with you. Also PLEAAAAASE feel free to bash my character sheet. Without that there is no improvements and I would gladly amend anything in it you ask. Smile

Best regards and thanks for tolerating my wall of text. I suck at being brief!
Lushiris
Lushiris

Back to top Go down

Application - Lushiris Empty Re: Application - Lushiris

Post  Grimsain Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Hello hello

Firstly I am not an officer, and i don't hold any strings to the result of your application. I am only a talkative member wandering around.

Secondly you made me very curious. "Political situation" sounds serious, what country is that then?

Thirdly:
Bashing, no no no. There is no reason. You have worked on a detailed version of what you wish to play that is clear. And you have done it well.
I do however have some advice that you can heed to if you wish, there are no restrictions.
You have created a very high profile character, close connections to Velen and Tirion Fordring. This is fun but it helps you little when acting your char. There is one major reason, you cant interact with them. They cant be part of your in game role-play, only in your background. It can feel like you cut all past bonds to them. If you speak of your past, or if someone asks you must both ignore and bypass/"not act on" a large part of what built your chars personality.
For example:
Lets say that you grew too be a close friend of my gnome Grismafix Cob and you knew equally much about each other. The natural reaction of Grismafix would sooner or later be to ask if Lushiris would introduce him to Velen. He secretly longs for an opportunity to meet him and maybe even meet him in unofficial circumstances.

This is something that we both would need to ignore since its something that can not be done other then in text form outside the game.

There are a few threads discussing issues like this and there are many others that have close connections to NPS's in their background. I'm only saying that its fairly hard to play and you might end up feeling you present char and background does not fit. And as a new role player it might be useful to consider.

Ps: Please don't be to affected by me unless it really feels right. I'm one of the realism-RP-nerds that are quite rare in WoW.
Grimsain
Grimsain

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 am

Hello there!

Glad to see you found your way to our forum. And again a big welcome to Moonglade!
A wonderfull and detailed application. Unlike Grimsain I like how you encorperated some npc's in your background. You can be friends with an npc without having to use him in face to face rp. Besides, Velen is probably pretty busy most of the time. But you can use them, say "I visited Velen the other day and he..." etc. Something I do with Nobundo aswell. Nutcase I am I actually do rp with him, but then he talks in my head. Strange me, I know. You just used already excisting charracters in your background, nothing wrong with it, I like it. NPC's are here for a reason, might aswell use em in your story! Aslong as your not married to them or something too close.

You'll be poked in-game for an IC intervieuw.

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lushiris Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:46 am

Hello again, and thanks very much for the nice replies!

@Grim: I have read your reply and let me start by saying this: Thank you for your input and please, officer or not it is the matter of experience here which I lack and so I would love to get from all veterans RPer possible! Also, I agree that you are 100% right. It sometimes might get messy if you consider that you are a peer to a well known lore-figure such as Prophet Velen or Tirion Fordring; however this is simply not the case for Lushiris. You see, for example unlike Varian or Magni I don't see either of Velen or Tirion -despite being faction leaders-to be royal figures, but rather than figures of high authority. Therefore as a result and while a certain level of revering shall be held while dealing with them it's not the same as dealing with Varian in my opinion. Yeah I think it is going to be a big no-no if Lushiris was a friend of Varian, really. But due to difference of politics between Exodar and Stormwind despite that they all fall under the Grand Alliance policy they still hold different ... Ettiquites.

Last thing you might want to know is while she hold a good relationships with both figures, it isn't like she is on first name basis with both. Think of her like ... A well known FBI agent loved by both the President of the United States and the Minister of Defense. Still, this FBI agent can't go barge in on the President's door simply like: "yo, dawg! s'up homie?!"

@Sen: Thanks alot for your nice words. I think you got the intention of my connection of said character as I would never intend them to be game breaking. I still appreciate what Grim was trying to say and hence my reply above! Let's hope my internet connection holds for more than 5 minutes in a raw as it will be my pleasure to be ICly interviewed!

About the political situation in real life... I live in Syrian Arab Republic.. It's politically very messy here at the moment and it is to the point of Oppositon Vs. Support war, meaning the Army and National Security already arresting/killing civilans for the third month in a raw after a state of 40 years obression and very recent uprising.
Lushiris
Lushiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimsain Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:06 am

Excellent, then there is no question that you have thought about of your NPC relationships and you don't need any advice with that. Smile

Syrian Arab Republic, the considerations of different ways to role play is very... VERY small. Amazing that you find the peace of mind to put effort into this. I live in Sweden, I am quite spoiled with political situations here. The worst we got is a nationalistic, little bit of right-wing party barely keeping its head above the political water.

I really like too hear that you found your way to Moonglade though, if WoW can do anything good too the world its put people across every border in the same room having fun. (If only blizzard could tone down this silly different-language-realm deal). I don't have a clue how "big" wow is in those regions, but I wish it grew bigger and everyone to come into the English speaking realms.
Grimsain
Grimsain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lushiris Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:17 am

Well, despite all the ways the current situation affects our life we have to cope and go on. It's the same reason I still wake up everyday at 8:00am to be at work at 9:00am. Smile

WoW here is pretty popular, not only in Syria but in the region itself and I know alot of Arabs that play. However, I myself is in Czech Horde guild on Wildhammer. They ar a punch of amazing people that I been honored to call friends (I blend easily with the society I am in), and they care deeply for me and understand the reason why I have to leave the raiding game for a while and pray for me faithfully and still message me on hotmail. It's not only Czech people however, I have friends in guild from Holland, Sweden, Poland, Norway... It's a multinational pot, as you said it's a great thing how WoW can unite people and its always a bonus to find more decent people in this game which is hard these days and which is why I was interested in LoA in the first place due to the fun good theme and most importantly the very good reputation on Moonglade. Reading your forums you guys obviously put alot of passion and effort in this even I the Horde lover want to stay Alliance for the time being and play Draenei only.... Example of things I just learned from your site: Osh'gun (the white big structure in Nagrand) is the ship that actually brought the draenei to Draenor for the first time... I never knew that! Oo
Lushiris
Lushiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Neokins Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:25 am

From someone who is also in Exitium Horde guild on Wildhammer (although we have taken a short break to do rift stuff) I wish you the best of luck in your application. I loved the application.
Neokins
Neokins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lushiris Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:06 am

Oh my God, it's Exitium! :O

I prefer to remain concealed for the time being in term of character/guild. Don't want my guild to find out about my secret RP hobbys. >.<
Lushiris
Lushiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Neokins Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:55 am

Exitium all know I roleplay, they are cool with it... Smile
Neokins
Neokins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content