the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Laidir

2 posters

Go down

Application: Laidir Empty Application: Laidir

Post  Laidir Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:34 am

Character name: Laidir

Character description:
(who is he/she and what has he done before?)
Laidir was born on Draenor in a time of peace between the orcs and the Draenei. He lived the peaceful life of a smith. Soon after Laidir had his first son, the nearby orcs started attacking without provocation. Laidir's village was attacked time and time again, but without sucess by the orcs. The small village stood for 2 years without support against the orcs. Finially, while Laidir and three other Draenei were scouting the orc emcampment, the village was attacked and razed to the ground by another orc warband attacking from behind. Everyone in the village was killed.

Upon return to the village, Laidir wept. Swearing revenge for his familys deaths, he and the three other scouts moved deep into the mountains and met up with other displaced Draenei.Eventually all of the main Draenei settlements were desroyed, and all that was left were the hidden refuges in the mountain. Fleeing to Zangermarsh with Valen and the surviving Draenei, Laidir finially thought that the troubles and trials of the Draenei were over.

After living in peace for years and putting down his sword for the last time, he thought this peace might finially last. It was not to be. With the conflict with the Blood elves, he became more and hateful of the elves for destroying the peace he craves in his life.

After fleeing once more, Laidir wants to do everything to help the Draenei find the peaceful land they need to prosper.

Loyalities:
Laidir feels strongly indebted to Velen and the Narru for saving his life numerous times, and trying to restore the way of life of the Draenei. He will follow wherever they lead, unless it leads to an alliance with the blood elves or the orcs, whom he hates with a passion.

Why are you interested joining Light of Argus?
(IC) Laidir feels that this group of Draenei that he has heard about strive for the same things as he. He wishes to explore the world with other Draenei and find a safe place for the Draenei to live.

(OOC) I noticed your post on the moonglade forums and I became really interested. I am a beginner RPer, but very willing to learn. I have also had a soft spot for draenei, although i never played one before.
Also, I know my knowledge of Draenei isn't as good as many people in this guild, so if there are many plotholes in this story, please say and I will fix them.

Laidir

Back to top Go down

Application: Laidir Empty Re: Application: Laidir

Post  Senra Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:55 am

Hello there!

Nice application you've given us there. It's quite common with bits of draenei history that are correct. Don't worry if you are a rp beginner and haven't got the lore up to what you'd like to. Draenei history a tough one with alot of black bits in it. We all were rp beginners once, and mostly a charracter becomes more complex and developed once you play it more. Atleast, that is me own experience Smile

It's been a few years now since the Draenei landed on Azeroth. I am curious what your charracter did between the crash and now. But that is a good question to be answered in-game!

Anyways, Perforad or myself will poke you in-game. We have our weekly open rp day tonight, you are most welcome to stop by if you like and have the time. At 20.30 in the Exodar inn, if you have any questions feel free to ask me Smile

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down