the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Azalu

5 posters

Go down

Application: Azalu Empty Application: Azalu

Post  Azalu Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 am

Hello everyone Smile I have been a fan of Draenei and roleplaying for some time, yet never managed to find a good roleplaying guild. I hope that I will fullfill any expectations that you have of me, and I appolagise in advance if I make mistakes with my english, it sadly isn't my first language.

I also saw that you were all generally against Death knights, which is unfortunate because Azalu is one. However, Azalu used to be a priest in his life who had a strong connection to the light. When he died he was severed from this completely, this along with his semi-undead state caused him to be pretty much devoid of most emotions, which in turn causes him to crave any and all connections to the light. The reason that he joins the guild is because he seeks to reconnect himself to the light, though more out of a sence of longing then rightiousness. He isn't truly evil or anything, and still feels a sence of responsibility towards the Draenei, but he will no longer hesitate to kill Orcs and the like when he has to. I imagine him being a very big Draenei, which in his first life made him a big yet very kind man, and in his second life makes him rather intimidating.

I also took the spec of frost because it was both a spec that I enjoyed using, as well as that it fitted his cold character, being devoid of emotions. Frost seeks to absorb warmth in the same way he seeks to absorb the light once again. He is usually very stern and silent about things, except when things need to be planned in which he likes to direct others in a cold and calculating manner. Once you get to know him though you'll find that he is still very protective to those that he considers comrades, the reason for this being his unfortunate death (which is why blood is his second).

Perhaps some background about his past is in order?
Azalu was born on Argus, and had a very strong connection to the light despite his very large build. He cherished this, and found great happiness in using it's powers to help others and strenghten his connection to the light. However, then the Orcs invaded, and he had to rely on his powers to keep his comrades alive through the ordeals. He survived all this, to the point of the reopening of the dark portal. Then, the Horde once again came back, as well as did the Blood elves. He was in charge of a convoy with civilians which had to be lead through the portal and to the safety of the Alliance kingdoms, among them were his closest friends. They stumboled upon a Blood elf Blood knight who was injured right after exiting it, and Azalu took him in in order to help him and through that that try to bridge the relationships between their people. However, the elf his injuries were deliberately made, and one night his comrades sprang from ambush right after the elf stabbed Azalu in his back, paralysing him. He was forced to watch as the Blood elves killed everyone he ever cared about while he was powerless to help them, with the Blood elf delivering the final blow to him in the end. He reawakened, healed of his injuries but also different, inside the ebon hold. There he would be a shadow of his former self, helping the lich king in his horrors. In the end however, he rebelled along with his fellow Death knights, and became free. Yet, despite all that, he still felt this emptyness inside him, his memories slowly returning, images and feelings of him being happy at some point, and images of the light. He thought that by killing the Blood elves responsible he could bring justice for his friends, and the light would return to him. And so he did. He killed every last one of them, regardless if they were now Horde since to him they were not free of their sins, with him brutally killing the Blood elf knight who betrayed him. However, the light did not return to him. He has been seeking a different way of reconnecting to the light ever since that day. From spending time in his ancestral home, to getting help from his new and very openminded mate Anajlis. However, he only received brief moments of reconnection, which only made him crave for more. He wishes to join this guild in the hopes that in this way he might once again find the reconnection he seeks, as well as help his people through all this, still remembering his sence of juty and loyalty to his people.

I hope his roleplay will fit with the rest of the guild, and I will look forward to your reaction then.

EDIT: Antadurunu suggested writing it all down exactly into the sticky that was at the top of the forum. I thought that I covered everything in my description, but if required then ofcourse I will put it here as well.

Character name:
Azalu

Character description:
Azalu was born on Argus, and had a very strong connection to the light despite his very large build. He cherished this, and found great happiness in using it's powers to help others and strenghten his connection to the light. However, then the Orcs invaded, and he had to rely on his powers to keep his comrades alive through the ordeals. He survived all this, to the point of the reopening of the dark portal. Then, the Horde once again came back, as well as did the Blood elves. He was in charge of a convoy with civilians which had to be lead through the portal and to the safety of the Alliance kingdoms, among them were his closest friends. They stumboled upon a Blood elf Blood knight who was injured right after exiting it, and Azalu took him in in order to help him and through that that try to bridge the relationships between their people. However, the elf his injuries were deliberately made, and one night his comrades sprang from ambush right after the elf stabbed Azalu in his back, paralysing him. He was forced to watch as the Blood elves killed everyone he ever cared about while he was powerless to help them, with the Blood elf delivering the final blow to him in the end. He reawakened, healed of his injuries but also different, inside the ebon hold. There he would be a shadow of his former self, helping the lich king in his horrors. In the end however, he rebelled along with his fellow Death knights, and became free. Yet, despite all that, he still felt this emptyness inside him, his memories slowly returning, images and feelings of him being happy at some point, and images of the light. He thought that by killing the Blood elves responsible he could bring justice for his friends, and the light would return to him. And so he did. He killed every last one of them, regardless if they were now Horde since to him they were not free of their sins, with him brutally killing the Blood elf knight who betrayed him. However, the light did not return to him. He has been seeking a different way of reconnecting to the light ever since that day. From spending time in his ancestral home, to getting help from his new and very openminded mate Anajlis. However, he only received brief moments of reconnection, which only made him crave for more. He wishes to join this guild in the hopes that in this way he might once again find the reconnection he seeks, as well as help his people through all this, still remembering his sence of juty and loyalty to his people.

Loyalities:
The Draenei as a race, he still remembers his people despite his current state (which isn't entirely undead since you have abilities in the game that lets you have undead abilities etc. Also I imagined him being revived quite fast after his death), and wants to make up for his past failures which haunt him to this day.

Why are you interested joining Light of Argus?
The reason that he joins the guild is because he seeks to reconnect himself to the light, though more out of a sence of longing then rightiousness. He isn't truly evil or anything, and still feels a sence of responsibility towards the Draenei, but he will no longer hesitate to kill Orcs and the like when he has to

As for Antadurunu his question, Azalu isn't truly undead in the form that he's a walking corpse. He still has many funcions that he had in life (bodily fluids, ingenstion of non-brain foods, reproduction capabilities) since I imagined him being raised very quickly. He isn't really as fresh as the rest of the group, but you can heal Death knights in the game as well so I don't think the light hurts them or anything. Still, your right in that he is very much semi-undead, and thus has lost his connection to the light, which is something he seeks to regain.

Last edited by Azalu on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Azalu

Back to top Go down

Application: Azalu Empty Re: Application: Azalu

Post  Antadurunnu Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 am

While I'm not an officer and therefore cannot say anything in regards to the app being accepted and whatermajigger. Other then the fact its not in the application format that's stickyed to the top of the topic's post list. Wouldn't he know the light burns the undead? if he hasn't yet had a 'holy shower' so to speak (Which burn like no ones business) Then again that could be an interesting driving force behind a character to strive for something he no longer has.

I'm just rambling now *Returns to ripping tiles off the walls*
Antadurunnu
Antadurunnu

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:04 am

Hello there!

Thanks for your application. As Anta mentioned Light can burn deathknights pretty badly, but I do like your charracter searches for something he once had. He'll find out if it work yes or no Razz With some nice burning we can make a campfire and roast marshmellows and sausages! Interesting how you desribe your charracter is not a corpse, since deathknights are well... dead and walking dead are walking corpses in my eyes. Curious, I want to know more of that! Smile

You'll be poked in-game for a intervieuw. Bring marshmellows if your going to be toasted (harr harr)

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Arukann Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:37 am

*waves*

Death Knights aren't by definition dead, though the name might suggest so, there are actual living death knights, and I think it was Ant that pointed such a thing out to me, or it could've been someone else, either way, I like your application, and I don't see that much flaws in your english really.

I hope to see you ingame soon.

Arukann

Back to top Go down

Post  Manala Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:37 am

I'm gonna weigh in here on the dead/not-dead, does the Light hurt issue.

Soem DKs are reanimated corpses. Others were imbued with unholy power, but may not have actually been physically killed.

The upshot is the same. They're creatures of darkness and the Shadow, just like the Forsaken- who have already been established in lore as being burned by the Holy Light, which is why their 'church' follows the Forgotten Shadow. ICly, all Forsaken priests are Shadow Priests. The only reason Forsaken priests can be Holy or Discipline, and Forsaken warriors can be healed by usual Holy healing spells, is game mechanics. Nothing more. It's purely for the game. ICly, the Forsaken are burned by the Light. DKs are almost certainly the same. Game mechanics should be held separate from lore-based RP, in my opinion. The Holy Light would feel like someone punching you in the soul with a fist made of sandpaper.

As to the reproductive capability, I'm sorry, but just, no. I doubt very much that that's possible. You're technically an undead. Being slain, or being imbued with shadow energy, or however you were created, saw to that. Individual DK characters may be, ahem, 'capable' (And whether they are is between you and your conscience) but the spark of life has been torn from them and replaced with Shadow. Any ability to sire or produce natural offspring has gone out of the window when you were raised.

(Also to be incredibly nitpicky, it was Draenor, not Argus, where the Draenei encountered the Orcs.)
Manala
Manala

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down