the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Draenei came to be.

2 posters

Go down

How Draenei came to be. Empty How Draenei came to be.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:05 am

So, now that I'm more actively start to Roleplay my Spacegoat, I decided to check up on some lore aspects whilst trying to create a lore-correct background for Reica.

Well, the thing is, I always read/learned that the Draenei were Eredar. That Sargeras approached the tree triumvirate Eredar, Velen, Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden and offered them great powers. Just as described on WoWWiki. However, I've been reading up on the lore written on the website of World Of Warcraft and found out something different.

It describes the Eredar as demons which practice warlock-ism. They posed a threat to the new worlds the Titans created so they had to be stopped. Due to this, the Noble Giant Sargeras was charged with the task to stop them, along with the Nathrezim, or Dreadlords. His power alone was enough to fight the eredar and nathrezim off, and banish them back into a prison in the Twisting Nether. However, the Nathrezim corrupted him slowly, which not left him unharmed.

The corruption in Sargeras made him emo, and caused him to think the corruption and darkness were the only absolutes in this universe. The Titans tried to talk him out of it, but he left them, only to become corrupt even further. In the end, he freed the eredar and nathrezim from their prisons, which then vowed support to him.

These two stories conflict.

You can read the wowlore here. --> VERY interesting read, I must say.

What do you people think is the correct thing? Or was this lore just written and never looked at again. Has World of Warcraft deviated from it's own lore or is it simply a flaw?

Back to top Go down

How Draenei came to be. Empty Re: How Draenei came to be.

Post  Laari Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Chris Metzen (the guy who writes WoW's "lore") has said that the new lore that came with Burning Crusade has replaced the old, so Sargeras was corrupted before he found the Eredar insteaod of being corrupted by them. Apparently Chris had forgotten his own lore and accidentally written contradictory statements, whoops.

Was a massive outroar when this was first announced. Was rather fun to watch.
Laari
Laari

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Aha, this clears things up Wink thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:58 am

Sorry I didn't really had the time to discuss that yesterday, but - aah, thats what you meant! tbh, I read that ages ago and never really looked at it twice after I started to get hooked up by the Draenei.. Funny actually that they never really corrected it afterwards when they brought out TBC!
Thaks for clearing this up, Laari Wink

Well, apparently they meddled quite a bit of lore to fit TBC and the new races in, but I gotta admit, since I started WOW way after the extension and am not really steady in WOW general lore, am not really botehred about the flaws and contradictions they created..
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down