the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other races of Argus

Go down

Other races of Argus Empty Other races of Argus

Post  XK Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:12 am

Upon examination of names of certain demonic races, they seem to exhibit some familiar suffixes and prefixes. What I mean are races called "Ered'ruin" (doomguards), "Mo'arg" (felguards and the drill-handed guys) and "Gan'arg" (the "demon gnomes", for a lack of better description).

Ered'ruin seem to share "Ered" part with the Eredar, which to me suggests Ered'ruin are either "ruined Eredar" (corrupted to the point of losing their intelligence) or a kindred race native to Argus, that got corrupted along with the rest of the planet. I had once "fanficed" a description for the latter form of Ered'ruin - basically making them a peaceful, shamanistic race that got turned into brutes by the fel energies - and made Kil'jaeden half-Eder'druin to explain his sometimes present wings.
Then for the Mo'arg and Gan'arg, we have almost no background on them, but I had a story for them as well. Due to what we see of them (two drastically different types, one brutish, one self-mutilated crazy scientists), I explained them as a quasi-aryan race, obssessed with racial purity and perfection. The tinkers were result of the ruling classes "upgrading" themselves to be better, and the felguards being the dumb soldiers bred for battle. They had a war with the Eredar, and lost it, but upon the rise of the Man'ari saw rise back to prominence, this time in the employ of the Legion. Gan'arg were supposed to be related race, enslaved by the Mo'arg for being "stunted".

What are your opinions on other races native to Argus, and could the races I mention above be from Argus in your opinion?

XK

Back to top Go down