the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Calaith

3 posters

Go down

Application - Calaith Empty Application - Calaith

Post  Calaith Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:49 am

His forsaken foe charged at him, shouting curses in his wicked tongue. He was waving a rusty sword, charging blindly, his foul stench made Calaith grimace over thirty yards. As the raider was charging, he conjured shards of ice and hurled them over him. Sharp blocks of ice hit the undead on his left shoulder, half decayed chin and the forehead poorly covered with a cracked closed helm which probably belonged to a fallen soldier of Lordaeron. As the conjured ice penetrated the rotting flesh the daring pace of the zombie slowed, giving Calaith the opportunity to concentrate on a second offensive, and moments later the unholy incarnation was dashed away by the spreading energy hemisphere of arcane. Shards damaged the forsaken’s body irreversibly. His body hit the ground, he opened his mouth as if trying to say something. But something else had already caught Calaith’s attention…

Calaith spotted a blood elf in the muddy square of the village. He trotted towards his new target stomping the forsaken’s head in the process. While charging the blood elf he yelled to the village folk; “Run! Save your lives!”…

Why do I pursue The Arcane Lore? Because it gave me a fighting chance. I am not strong enough to swing a hammer nor am I agile enough to strike fast and accurate. The only merit I have is my willpower. And only with magic I can preserve the good. By its nature, magic is the most august of all the arts. And when used to serve good, it is a magnificence worth any dedication.

Exile matters not. My home is among my kindred. I shall try to serve my kin to a better future as long as my breath remains. Under the guidence of the Naaru, I plegde my life to my people.

Calaith
Calaith

Back to top Go down

Application - Calaith Empty Re: Application - Calaith

Post  Senra Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Hello Calaith!

A little short application, it tells me only about one certain moment. Check out the recruitement sticky, then you can alter you post. I'd like to know more about your charracters background before the crash.

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:17 am

Hello Calaith!

A nice story and an appearance with a bang, hinting nicely at your character - I like it! Smile Eventhough I have to agree with Senra that not a lot about your chars and his personality in general is revealed, I like what I heard so far about you, be it the ingame contact and the post, and hope we'll learn more when we meet you ingame for a chat!

Regards,

Nataari
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Calaith Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:22 am

Nataari;

Thank you for the warm welcome, I’m looking forward to an Ic meeting as well.

Senra;

I prefer to give hints of character on particular occasions, like this one, instead of explaining self in an autobiography. If you wish to know about personality or past you may ask so in a meeting or interview before joining but I’m afraid I’ll ask you to evaluate my application as it is.
Calaith
Calaith

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:54 am

Good to see you arund again, Calaith. hope you had a good vacation

Calaith wrote:
Senra;

I prefer to give hints of character on particular occasions, like this one, instead of explaining self in an autobiography. If you wish to know about personality or past you may ask so in a meeting or interview before joining but I’m afraid I’ll ask you to evaluate my application as it is.

We duely note that " you prefer" it this way, however I would like to remind you that Senra is referring to the Recruitment sticky (which you find in this section), which we have for a reason - it's not only about finding out more about the recruit, but also to see the players atitude and willingness to make a little write-up about his character. If you decide to ignore our normal process, fair enough, not every rule is written in stone and with a good impression we might skip that part (which I'm still happy to do) However I'd like to ask you to also respect the request of Senra, who is an recruiting Officer in this guild Wink

Regards,

Nataari
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Calaith Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Thanks again Nataari. I have been eagerly waiting coming back from vacation(and good to see you too cheers )

I appreciate your tolerance and respect for my choices. However I am willing to add something to the story in order to regularize my apllication.
Calaith
Calaith

Back to top Go down

Post  Calaith Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Antemodas took a dusty tome from his bookshelf and gave it to his promising apprentice;. "I want you to study this tome
and take your own notes on arcane theory. When you are done with it, come to my study. I have more tasks for you.
"
"As you wish, master" Calaith replied and trotted towards his room in his master's tower. He has begun reading before he
reached his abode. As he paged through the book, he marvelled at it. It was one of Antemodas' masterpieces and Calaith felt
lucky to get his hands on such a document.

Two weeks later Antemodas' door knocked. Calaith entered carrying a small mass of papers. He bowed and put the tome on his
master's desk along with rolls of parchments. "Here is your tome master." he said "And these are my notes containing
essential parts of the tome along with a few hypothesises of mine
"

Calaith forgot how many years had passed since he and his master fled Argus with Velen's folk nor did he care. He worked to
perfect his art each passing day and lost track of the time in the end.For many years Calaith and Antemodas worked together
to serve their kind in every possible way. As Calaith grew in power and affection to The Art, Antemodas watched his progress with pride.

When there was peace in their society they were under Archimonde's authority but Antemodas was quick to realise Archimonde's folly, renouncing his loyalty to him and pledging allegiance to Velen and the exiles.
His vigilance saved him and his apprentice's souls from the utter corruption. In their exile, Dreanor proved to be a perfect refuge.
Alas, their times of peace and tranquility was nearing an end...

As for his final phase of exile, Calaith found the life in Kalimdor to be more pleasant as they had allies in arms this once.
But there was no mentor guiding him this time and he experienced the bitter taste of loneliness for the first time in his life.
He was alone but not unprepared. He was equipped with a vast knowledge of The Arcane Arts and devotion to uphold the good.
He did his best but none can save all people by himself. So he sought allies, like-minded individuals who he can work together
to a brighter future. He had searched until he heard about a community formed in the name of Argus...

p.s: I won't reveal Antemodas' fate in this post. If you can earn Calaith's trust he will probably tell you the story Wink
Calaith
Calaith

Back to top Go down

Post  Senra Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Now this is brilliant! Exactly what I wanted to see Smile

I was just giving you a tip about something you might wanted to add, the sticky is there for a reason.

I saw you online yesterday, but I didn't have the to tackle you for an ingame chat. Someone will do that soon Smile

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down