the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deraad's Application

2 posters

Go down

Deraad's Application Empty Deraad's Application

Post  Deraad Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:49 am

Character description:
Deraad was brought up on Draenor where he learnt to connect with the spirits, along with his fellow Orc friend Alguk. However when the Orcs turned against the Draenei Alguk was slain and Deraad was forced to flee with the rest of his fellow kin. Before the Exodar crashed Deraad was learning from a Shamanistic Draenei named Dersaarn who taught him many ways to connect with the spirits, unfortunately Dersaarn was killed upon the crash and Deraad mourned him for some time before venturing out.

Deraad now seeks to go forth in Azeroth, connect with and learn from the spirits. From here on out Deraad's knowledge can only grow.

Loyalities:
Deraad has always followed the Light, looked towards the Naaru for guidance and always helps those less fortunate than himself.

Why are you interested joining Light of Argus?

IC: Now the time has come for Deraad to venture out into Azeroth, but alone he can not succeed. Aboard the Exodar Deraad heard of a group called the Light of Argus. After the crash he heard stories from other Draenei that the Light of Argus was venturing Azeroth and helping fellow Draenei get accustomed to Azeroth.

OOC: I used to RP on Earthen Ring, however after taking time out due to work and real life commitments I had to stop playing WoW. But I am back playing and unfortunately the RP area of Theramore had died while I was away. I searched the WoW forums for a good RP server and Moonglade appeared the best. I always have liked Draenei however I do admit I know little of their lore. Shamans are a class I have never played before so this is a first, but I have RP'd with shamans so hopefully I will not mess up too much! Light of Argus was the most promising and friendly looking RP Guild that I could find on any server so I decided to roll a Draenei and get levelling and post an Application.

Unfortunately I do not level fast, and generally stay at low levels. I have read on other forum posts you like people to get to level 15 so as to make sure the character will not be deleted. So I shall quest to level 15 at full speed before I slow down. Hope my IC interest was satisfactory, Draenei certainly have difficult "starts" to come up with.

Deraad

Back to top Go down

Deraad's Application Empty Re: Deraad's Application

Post  Senra Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:30 am

Hi there!

First of all a big welcome to Moonglade! I hope you enjoy it here, and find the rp you are looking for.
You chose a lovely class to rp with, but also a tricky one. Shamans used to be the outcasts of the Draenei society. But luckely this has changed and shamanism is fairly accepted among most.
There are a few minor things I noticed in your application. Seeing that Nobundo was the first shaman, and only became so after Velen and the others fled Shattrath to Azeroth. So it would be unlikely that there was another draenei shaman teaching your charracter. However it is possible that your charracter learned some of the shamanic ways from the orcs.
I'm not criticizing your application, just giving a few tips Wink I knew when I first started to play a shaman.. My first story was hillarious when I look back at it.

Anyways, one of the Council will give you a poke in-game! Looking quite forward to meet your charracter.

Greets,
Senra.
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Deraad Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Ahh woops. That would be due to lack of Draenei lore knowledge. Perhaps he is delusional and only "thought" he was being taught by a Draenei shaman? I kid. I was attempting to get away from the "Orc tought my Draenei" part, but evidently it must be.

The first day on Moonglade was great, RP everywhere. Sure there was the usual no RP people but I found great RP in Storm Wind. But the last 2 days on my Draenei I have been unable to find any, which isn't a problem but more of a dissapointment. T'was quite funny as I spent ages levelling my character only to find nothing in SW haha. Well off topic a minute this Shaman is rediculously over powered so I think perhaps for once I shall level up.

Thank you for your warm greetings.

Deraad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down