the Light of Argus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Own Addition to Lore - Silver Draenei

+5
Perforad
Nataari
Senra
Antadurunnu
Azkera
9 posters

Go down

My Own Addition to Lore - Silver Draenei Empty My Own Addition to Lore - Silver Draenei

Post  Azkera Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:15 pm

So to those of you who don't know me too well (most of you, if not all, I'd assume =) )
I have this horrific tendancy to tinker and create my own additions to WoW lore (whether they are to be respected or not is entirely up to you.)

One of my personal 'theories' is that of the Silver Draenei, the Eredar as they were untouched by the Fel.

My reasoning?
Argus was described as a kind of 'shining white paradise' and I'd have assumed the Draenei's own appearance would reflect this. Furthermore, it appears mere exposure to Fel energies can corrupt and malform a race dramaticly (The Orcs turning from Brown to Green, the Blood Elves' eyes turning Green and their skin darkening, the Night Elves becoming Satyr). It is commonly known that the effects of the destruction of Draenor and the surge of Fel energies mutated the Draenei race in to the Broken and eventually the Lost Ones. However, I also believe the blue and purple (Purple being a between point of blue and red) tint to the Draenei's flesh is the result of being exposed to Fel energies. In (I can't remember which book actually XD Think it was Rise of the Horde), Velen the Divine's skin is described as being a brilliant Alabaster silver and yet in World of Warcraft, after the destruction of Draenor, he appears to be a darker Blue colour. The Man'ari Eredar themselves are a much deeper shade of Blue and Red and I personally feel the Draenei's light blue and purple skin colour has been brought about by the corrupting influence.

So without further adoo, I present the Silver Draenei, the first of the Draenor Eredar and the survivors of Argus.

My Own Addition to Lore - Silver Draenei Silver10

What are your oppinions on this 'theory'/fanficced idea? Leave me some feedback with what you think =)
Azkera
Azkera

Back to top Go down

My Own Addition to Lore - Silver Draenei Empty Re: My Own Addition to Lore - Silver Draenei

Post  Antadurunnu Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:33 pm

I suppose it does make sense (although I thought brown orcs where orc/orge hybrids) with all other races getting clear fel exposure traits, why not the Draenei?
Antadurunnu
Antadurunnu

Back to top Go down

My Own Addition to Lore - Silver Draenei Empty Re: My Own Addition to Lore - Silver Draenei

Post  Senra Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Love it! It makes perfect sence to me.
Especially since my charracter seems to fir the discription Smile
Very creative I must say. You did your research right.
I never knew satyr were corrupted Night Elves.
Ah well, there is always rooom to learn more stuff Smile
Senra
Senra

Back to top Go down

Post  Azkera Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:24 am

Antadurunnu wrote:I suppose it does make sense (although I thought brown orcs where orc/orge hybrids) with all other races getting clear fel exposure traits, why not the Draenei?

The brown Orcs are the Mag'har in Nagrand and Hellfire Penninsula.
The ones you're thinking of are the Mok'Nathal of Blade's Edge Wink

The only reason they have the Brown Orc model is because Blizzard were too lazy to make new models for them! Wink
(Rexxar in Thunderlord Stronghold is a more accurate representation of what a Mok'Nathal Half-Orc should look like =) )
Azkera
Azkera

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:29 am

I never even thought about that, but your reasoning in your first post actually does make it considerable. Except the fact, I do not think it likely that all the older Draenei - those who were born on Argus and fleed it when the corruption started - have this silvery skin tone.. There are not many Draenei NPCs who are specifically confirmed to have lived on Argus, but those who spring to my mind have blueish skin colours too:
Velen - dark purple
Jessera of Mac'Aree - light blue
(are there others confirmed to be born on Argus?)

But thats not what you suspect anyway, right? I mean, the orcs also gained their green skin colour when the corruption started, and not only the generations that followed after their parents were first exposed..
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Perforad Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 am

Although I also am not 100% sure I agree with the idea of them being the actual original Eredar(Draenei) of Argus, I do like the idea of it actually having a bit to do with how much a Draenei has come in contact with corruptive forces, or with the light for that matter.

How much the Draenei themselves understand about this though, that is a different matter. They are a race where knowledge and religion go hand in hand and have never truly come forward as being scientific and looking for the 'truths' of the universe as our culture is right now. I enjoy this mystical part of their character. That it is not important how something came to be, it is important that it has come to be.

Though, a nice explanation of the skin tones of Draenei and Eredar and surely worth something, as it does not take any blunt and open liberties with the excisting lore but fits nicely in with it. Good writeup!
Perforad
Perforad

Back to top Go down

Post  Azkera Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks for your feedback =)
Azkera
Azkera

Back to top Go down

Post  Rakkan Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:37 am

So Rakkan's dark purple skin is evident of his extreme exposure to fel energies? ._.
Rakkan
Rakkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Tulaac Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:07 pm

I like your approach to the lore. It is quite viable.
But in my eyes they seem to be more likely those draenei who never had contact with the fel demonic energies on Argus, Draenor or where ever. Because Velen for instance was present on Draenor where the Horde ran around on killing frenzy, he also walked among the Kurenai further more geting in touch with the fel energies, or some sort of residue of it. I can imagine he also tried to cure some of the Kurenai.

As for the "Silver Draenei", they might have been some nobles sent to exile when ever the legion found the draenei, while Velen felt that he needed to be with his people in the times of need. Ofcourse the Silver Draenei could have been around with the brown orcs trying to figure out a way to stop the Legion or the rampaging Horde. Ofcourse there can be lots of arguements around the last statement, but I have seen many stranger things in life, so why not. Brownies were not the blood thirsty green-skins and many could have noticed that and tried to work something out. Disputes between the brownies and silvers could have occured somewhere in the nearer future for example. Say teritorial disputes between brownies, Silver Draenei and the Kurenai or whom ever when the Horde suddenly almost vanished from Draenor.

Tulaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiris Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm

I can see that, the title is somewhat cliché though =]
From what i've seen, the elder Draenei tend to have paler/white skin. However as I'm sure we know, draenei don;t really age, they are guessed to be immortal even - so yes, the pale skin would hold herritage to having been arround for so long. I personally wouldn;t think they directly get affected by exposure to fel energy, perhaps to a minor degree - but upon their children, I can see this taking place. So in effect, younger generations = darker or more colloured skin.
As for hair, however! I would say the opposite, seeing as it is constantly in growth. Uncanny as it may seem, I feel younger generations would carry the silvery hair as a mark of youth, due to being untainted directly, hair being more reactive to the environment. Where the elders would likely have more dramatic hair colourings - but hey this is my inner fasion guru =p
Overall I like this, it fits in my eyes. Approved!
Tiris
Tiris

Back to top Go down

Post  Marani Mon May 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Ahh, but Velen (one of the oldest) has dark skin Smile

Marani

Back to top Go down

Post  Nataari Mon May 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Well, while its all an interesting idea about the skin colours related to age, theres nothing really which can proove this theory in game.
As Marani stated, Velen has dark purple skin. Jessera of Mac'Aree has light blue skin. And various distinctively older NPCs show no specific relation between age / skin / hair colour... Hence while the topic is a nice play of thoughts, I do not think it has any relation to the actual Draenei as encountered ingame.

My opinion about the different skin colours of the Draenei is more human based: The Draenei inhabited an entire world - despite not knowing more, we can assume Argus had different continents, climate zones etc. I find it quite plausible that there are also regional differences between the Eredar of Argus - be it face features, headplate/ horn forms / sizes, as well as skin colour.
However, after fleeing Argus all survivors have been thrown together for aeons of time in a close-knit community, so I don't think any of the regional differences are distinctive anymore.
(Maybe an older Draenei, like Adonter or Senra, can look at a 'youngling', and think to themselves "Amazing, this one looks exactly like the people from my hometown Yelanaar!" etc)

Just my 5 coppers Smile
Nataari
Nataari
Admin

http://lightofargus.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down